The Class A – CDL Driver is a safety sensitive position responsible for the safe transportation of goods in the Chicago Metro area within 150 mile radius of Chicago intermodal rail yards. Specific functions include moving loaded and empty containers to and from intermodal rail yards safely in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. Communication with dispatch operations, engage in customer contact, maintain electronic logging device. CDL drivers must become knowledgeable of operations with-in an intermodal rail terminal while maintaining the safest work environment possible.
- Safely operate a day cab tractor/trailer and transport products to and from specified destinations in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Transport heavy intermodal containers from grain loading facility to rail facility
· Understand and obey all intermodal rail yard safety policies and procedures
· At all times wear the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
· Attend or facilitate pre shift job briefings
· Responsible for pre-trip and post-trip truck inspections (DVIR)
· Maintain electronic hours of service log
· Communicate with TM, ATM and other personnel, to ensure efficient and safe production
- Must have at least one year of verifiable tractor-trailer truck experience in the past 36 months and a valid Class A CDL
- Must be at least 22 years or older
- Ability to speak, understand and read English
- No more than one moving violation in the past three years (some restrictions apply)
- No DOT recordable preventable accident in the last three years
Starting Pay $18-$22 per Hour. Great Benefits including Health, Dental, Life and Paid Vacation
Class A – CDL Driver will report directly to the Terminal Manager (TM) or the Assistant Terminal Manager (ATM).
The Class A – CDL Driver will work as a member of the team to coordinate the workload as directed based on the Client’s needs. The scope of the duties will include the following duties and tasks:
- Ability to pass state and federal background checks and obtain an e-RAILSAFE certification
· Must be able to pass a post-offer physical including drug testing
· Ability to maintain daily logs, dispatch reports as well as vehicle inspection reports
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions
· Flexible schedule to allow for adjusted hours as necessary
- Ability to work as a member of a team or as an individual when necessary, by following the direction and requirements necessary to accomplish in a timely manner all the daily workload
To perform the essential functions of the job, an employee must meet the physical demands in this job description. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk and use hands to fingers, handle, feel and reach. The employee must be able to stand for periods of eight hours or more, and must have the ability to lift up to 40 lbs. above head. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus for both day and night operation.
REMPREX is a 24/7/365 operation. This role is a full time position working non-standard hours that may include nights, weekend, and holidays as required by the Client. Occasionally, the role can require extended work hours, in compliance with FMCSA guidelines, to include being available for on call duty as needed.
The Class A – CDL Driver works primarily in a vehicle and outside. Candidates must be able to work outdoors in all conditions, to include extreme cold and hot temperatures, as well in the presence of dust and loud noises. In addition, working around rail equipment that may be dangerous if not handled safely with respect to the job functions. Understanding the work hazards and being able to work safely is imperative for this position.
This position requires a formal application, rating of education and experience, oral interview, and reference check. Successful candidates must be able to pass a post-offer physical including drug testing as well as an e-RAILSAFE criminal background check. Additionally, it may require job related tests. The duties listed in this job description are only examples of the various types of work that the role might be required to perform. The omission of a statement of duties does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and the employee, and is subject to change as the needs of the employer and job change.
All qualified applicants will be given equal consideration regardless of race, age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, religion, protected veteran status or national origin.