Position: Technical Support Specialist (IT/Electronics) -- help desk to our dealers
Do you like building your own computer and figuring out how all the electronics work? Are you the “IT guy” for all of your friends and family? Do you enjoy a good puzzle of ‘how does this work’ and ‘why did that make something else start/stop working’? And are you the person that loves to be on the leading edge of home automation technology – being the first person to try out that new device or gadget?
If all of this describes you and you’d like to have a career in this arena, read on.
Remote Technologies Inc (RTI) has a need for an Technical Support Specialist at their Shakopee, MN location. This position will provide technical support by phone to our worldwide network of RTI dealers and distributors, providing troubleshooting, issue resolution, and deep product knowledge. You will do all of this by utilizing your excellent communication and superior customer service skills.
• Receive, respond to, and resolve inbound client communications (telephone and email) on products
• Provide technical support (troubleshooting and issue resolution) for RTI’s Dealers and Distributors
• Diagnose hardware problems, assess system status, and determine the proper course of action
• Proactively seeks technical guidance from more experience staff for difficult and unusual situations
• Document and communicate any recurring/critical client issue received
• Maintain and build positive relationships with RTI’s Dealers and Distributors
• Maintain a high competency level on all RTI products, through self-paced training sessions.
• Provide accurate information through data entry into Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database (Salesforce.com)
• Create case tracking information in a CRM database on customer communications to Technical Support
• High School diploma or equivalent; Associate’s degree IT, electronics, engineering, A/V, or coding preferred (or be a student in school working towards a degree/certification)
• Minimum 1 - 2 years relevant electronics/IT experience
• Overall experience working in LAN / WAN environments
• Experience with low voltage services (physical layer, equipment installation) in the following fields preferred: electronic, fire alarm & life safety, and/or building automation
• Proven technical troubleshooting skills
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Suite tools (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Experience with Salesforce.com or similar customer relationship management (CRM) software
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Ability to listen and accurately track and collect information
• Any relevant certifications are a definite plus
RTI is a small and growing company where you will get the opportunity to learn. A successful person in this role has many opportunities for growth in the company. You will be interacting with nearly everyone in the organization to work on the success of the products and the growth of our customers.
Remote Technologies Incorporated (RTI) is a leading control systems manufacturer offering innovative, sophisticated, and user-friendly devices for professionally installed electronic systems. The company’s wide array of award-winning handheld and in-wall universal controllers, central processors, audio distribution systems, and accessories are marketed exclusively through a worldwide network of professional integrators.