- Coordinates the receipt and installation of all Micro Computer hardware and software.
- Experience in SQL Script, DB Maintenance, VB Script System Automation and Integration preferred.
- Knowledge of Bally One Casino Floor System, Bally Casino Marketplace, Micros 9700 HMS, Cisco IOS, Symantec Antivirus, Symantec Backup Exec, Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Maintains and upgrades desktop workstations and supports Windows XP operating systems and MS Office applications.
- Makes recommendation on PC and network software and hardware upgrades.
- Works with users on establishing priorities for software and hardware support of PCs.
- Provides technical support for remote locations.
- Develops PC operating procedures and hands-on training programs for users.
- Maintains inventory records of micro computer hardware and software.
- Coordinates repair of hardware.
- Monitors location, condition and applications of Micro Computers and related software.
- Coordinates system and data backup procedures with end user.
- Installs and maintains micro computer networks.
- Responsible for hardware interface and data interchange between networks and other systems. Implements application controls and security relating to PCs and PC networks.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, laws, internal policies/procedures, and internal control protocols.
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Issues written and oral instructions.
- Assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates.
- Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances.
- Performs other related duties as may be assigned by reporting senior.
- Promotes outstanding guest relations.
CORE COMPETENCIES & EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE:
- Leadership: Able to assume a role of authority as necessary; set an example for coworkers; delegate responsibility and empower employees to make decisions; provide constructive feedback to others.
- Energizing Others: Able to exhibit a can-do approach and inspire employees to excel; use competition to encourage others; develop performance standards and confront negative attitudes; develop a team spirit.
- Influence & Persuasion: Able to convince others in both positive and negative circumstances; use tact when expressing ideas or opinions; present new ideas to authority figures; adapt presentations to suit a particular audience; respond to objections successfully.
- Initiative: Able to bring about great results from ordinary circumstances; prepare for problems or opportunities in advance; transform leads into productive business outcomes; undertake additional responsibilities and respond to situations as they arise without supervision.
- Innovation: Able to challenge conventional practices; adapt established methods for new uses; pursue ongoing system improvement; play with concepts and ideas to create novel solutions to problems; evaluate new technology as potential solutions to existing problems.
- Resource Management: Able to control ones own time and time of direct reports; prepare budgets and spend money wisely; ensure that people have needed equipment; identify and fulfill staffing needs.
- Visioning- Able to pursue potential expansion opportunities for the organization; champion radically different ideas and be a leader in the market, identify long-term goals and invest appropriate resources as needed; communicate vision in a way that inspires others.
- Conflict Management: Able to use a win-win approach to resolve controversy; stay objective and fair when dealing with sensitive situations; maintain constructive working relationships despite disagreement.
- Attention to Detail: Able to follow detailed procedures and ensure accuracy in documentation and data; carefully monitor processes; concentrate on routine work details and organize and maintain a system of records.
- Communication: Able to clearly present information through the spoken or written word; read and interpret complex information; talk with customers or employees; listen well.
- Continuous Learning: Able to stay informed of current industry trends; learn and apply new concepts and demonstrate career self reliance; identify own areas of opportunity and set and monitor self-development goals.
- Willingness to Serve: Able to demonstrate a high level of service delivery to do what is necessary to ensure customer satisfaction; deal with service failures and prioritize customer needs.
- Flexibility: Able to remain open-minded and change opinions on the basis of new information; perform a wide variety of tasks and change focus quickly as demands change; manage transitions effectively from task to task; adapt to varying customer needs.
- Quality: Able to maintain high standards despite pressing deadlines; establish high standards and measures; do work right the first time and inspect materials for flaws; test new methods thoroughly; reinforce excellence as a fundamental priority.
- Integrity: Able to be tactful, maintain confidences, and foster an ethical work environment; prevent inappropriate behavior by coworkers; give proper credit to others; handle all situations honestly.
- Respect: Able to adapt behavior to others styles, interact with people who have different values, culture, or backgrounds, be of service to difficult people, optimize the benefits of having a diverse workforce. Able to develop rapport with others and recognize their concerns and feelings; build and maintain long-term associations based on trust; help others.
- Policies, Process, Procedures: Able to act in accordance with established guidelines; follow standard procedures in crisis situations; communicate and enforce organizational policies and procedures; recognize and constructively conform to written rules or practices.
- Team Centered- Able to share due credit with coworkers; display enthusiasm and promote a friendly group working environment; work closely with other departments as necessary; support group decisions and solicit opinions from coworkers; display team spirit.
- Equipment Knowledge-Able to operate various types of office equipment including, but not limited to; personal computers, printers, 10 key adding machines, copy machines, FAX machines, telephone, typewriter, and other departmental related systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to risks associated with travel between buildings and back and forth to other areas as may be required due to business demands. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, including second-hand environmental smoke. The employee may be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with extremely irate or difficult guests or staff members. The noise level in the work environment varies from light to moderate.
- Bachelors Degree and/or experienced combined preferred.
- Requires the knowledge, skills, and abilities to work with personal computer hardware and various software platforms, AV systems, player tracking card systems, gaming devices, safety equipment, etc.
- Strong leadership skills and customer service orientation required.
- Must be able to work effectively with peers, staff members, and regulatory agency personnel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.