Hotel Property Management/RHRM - Online Adjunct Instructor
Remington College Lake Mary, FL
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life_insurance, medical, vision
- Educates and trains students in Hotel Front Office Management using accepted and approved instructional methodology.
- Adheres to all Company policies and procedures, and operates within state and federal statutes and regulations and within standards of accreditation at all times.
- Prepares lesson plans using industry-standard approaches (e.g., multimedia, adult learning methodology).
- Teaches courses as assigned, instructs and evaluates students, develops students’ skills and encourages growth, and tracks their attendance, performance, and grades.
- With regard to online courses, engages in the following specific activities:
- Complete or assist in the completion of any documentation and/or activities required by any accrediting bodies and/or any state or federal regulatory bodies that govern the College’s operations.
- Finalize and publish grades within timeline allotted by the Online Academic Department.
- Grade and return any items in the course within 24 hours from the due date
- Provide comments and feedback to students regarding any work completed in the course including discussion forum posts.
- Report any student misconduct, including instances of academic dishonesty, to the Program Chair as soon as the Adjunct Instructor has knowledge of such misconduct and address the student misconduct in consultation with the Program Chair.
- Respond to student questions posted in the Q & A class section within twenty-four (24) hours.
- Conduct weekly retention outreach to students who have not attended the course or participated in any discussion posts/completed any assignments.
- Monitor student progress in the course and will promptly communicate with and assist any student in danger of failing the course, whether based on academic performance or attendance. Employee shall alert the Program Chair of any students who are in danger of failing as soon as a problem is detected.
- Reply to at least one (1) student original post to the discussion question per week. This means that the minimum number of Employee posts in a given week would equal the number of students participating that week.
- Regularly participate in the student discussion forums. In an effort to generate interest and encourage interaction and participation in forum discussions, Employee shall post quality responses to student discussion forum posts with a minimum of five (5) quality posts five (5) days out of each week.
- Monitor discussion content and edit as needed if Employee deems the content to be inappropriate. Employee understands that student posts may not be deleted in their entirety without the approval of the Program Chair.
- Check his/her e-mail and phone messages daily and should respond timely to students within 24 hours of their request.
- Set office hours of one (1) hour, one (1) day a week at a minimum between the hours of 11:00 am and 9:00 pm EST, during which Employee should be available via phone, email and live chat.
- Send other announcements during the course to provide students with adequate and timely course information.
- Provide added value information outside of the content already designed in each Master or Course Shell. Added value can be defined as audio and video of the Adjunct Instructor related to weekly course material and outcomes. Along with supplemental material that will assist the student in understanding the class content.
- Post welcome announcements and biography prior to the beginning of the course.
- Log in to assigned course(s) a minimum of once a day per seven (7) day week during each assigned course.
- Participates in various administrative activities (e.g., attends faculty/staff meetings or in-service meetings).
- Participates in graduation ceremonies, as assigned.
- Participates regularly in continuing professional development activities.
- Maintains professional and effective working relationships with all other Campus personnel.
- Conducts his or her professional and personal life in a fashion that fosters a positive impression of the Campus and the Company.
- Must have 4 years of professional experience in Hotel Property Management.
- Bachelor's degree in Hotel Management, Hospitality Management or related field preferred.
- Required licenses as requested per state regulations.
A community-first focus allows us to help those who make our school successful and cultivates an awareness of the skills that are needed to help our neighbors thrive.
Remington CollegeWhy Work Here?
Be a part of a non-profit learning institution whose focus is to help our students achieve career goals.
Involved in What Really Matters A community-first focus allows us to help those who make our school successful and cultivates an awareness of the skills that are needed to help our neighbors thrive.
Lake MaryLake Mary, FL