Conducts instructional, clinical, laboratory, and student mentoring responsibilities and supportive functions. Ensures that clinical dental hygiene services provided by students meet and/or exceed industry standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Executes program-specified instrumentation and patient care protocols.
- Evaluates student clinical procedures using program-defined evaluative criteria.
- Calculates clinical grades using the evaluation scale specified in the course syllabi.
- Maintains student records, and reports pertinent data or student issues according to school policy.
- Participates in program and college-wide faculty/staff meetings, in-service activities, and official college functions.
- Manages and promotes a clinical environment that is positive and conducive to student learning.
- Understands and applies Remington College, federal, state, accrediting body, OSHA, CDC, HIPAA, and State Board of Dentistry guidelines, policies, rules, and/or regulations.
- Assists Dental Hygiene core faculty and program administrator with the program, with special projects, and with other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Bachelors’s degree in Dental Hygiene
- Current industry knowledge of clinical dental hygiene
- Five years of experience in clinical practice
Certificates and Licenses: Dental Hygiene licensure qualifications compliant with the State Board of Dentistry; current CPR-Healthcare Provider certification is required.