Provides customer service, clerical, and administrative support for the Dental Hygiene program. Receives telephone calls, greets guests and/or patients of the Dental Hygiene program, and answers inquiries about clinical services. Performs various dental office management tasks and other clerical duties related to clinical operations. Maintains a safe, secure, and efficient facility for dental hygiene instruction and patient care services, implements established protocols, supports the program administrator and program faculty, and promotes student and patient safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Adheres to all Company policies and procedures, and operates at all times within state and federal statutes and regulations and within standards of accreditation.
· Operates the front reception area of the Dental Hygiene facility, and directs guests or callers to the appropriate staff or student.
· Manages the student appointment book, and schedules patient appointments.
· Oversees daily financial transactions for the clinic, and deposits receipts.
· Generates reports, and keeps a log of daily procedures.
· Implements established protocol in performing daily procedures and dental office management tasks as they relate to the Dental Hygiene clinic.
· Works directly with students using Dentrix software to manage patient scheduling and accounts.
· Records student clinical procedures and receipts.
· Provides quality educational/learning support to students, and provides input to clinical instructors as needed.
· Enters data on attendance, grades, and lessons as needed, and reconciles reports.
· Provides clerical support for the Dental Hygiene program administrator, instructors, and others as needed.
· Understands and applies Remington College, federal, state, accrediting body, OSHA, CDC, HIPAA, and State Board of Dentistry guidelines, policies, rules, and/or regulations.
· Compiles and maintains department manuals, including equipment operation and maintenance, safety, OSHA, and MSDS manuals.
· Maintains the inventory of clinical supplies and other materials for clinical instruction and patient care services.
· Performs instrument processing operations on students’ and department’s instruments in preparation for subsequent clinical sessions.
· Conducts sterilization monitoring of all autoclaves using biological monitors, prepares related reports and documentation, and maintains archival records.
· Performs regular maintenance on all facility equipment according to recommended/established schedules, and troubleshoots as necessary.
· Coordinates and supervises equipment service appointments.
· Coordinates daily maintenance of individual student stations, and logs and troubleshoots reported service issues.
· Provides security for clinic/student instruments and supplies, and opens and secures/locks cabinets and closets in the sterilization center, lab, and clinic in conjunction with clinical activities and student assignments.
· Sets up the lab, clinical areas, and/or classrooms for instructional activities as required.
· Schedules patients, performs other office management tasks, and participates in cross-training as required.
· Performs other duties or special projects as assigned.
· Maintains professional and effective working relationships with all other Campus personnel.
· Conducts his or her professional and personal life in a fashion that fosters a positive impression of the Campus and the Company.
· Performs the job on Campus (no telecommuting or off-site management).
· Associate’s Degree in Dental Hygiene preferred.
· Education or experience in dental office management or front-office reception, dental assisting, inventory and infection control, equipment maintenance, and basic dental facility management.
· Education or experience in HIPAA, OSHA, and CDC regulations.
· Education or experience with dental office management software (Dentrix preferred), word processing and spreadsheet software, and the Internet.
Qualifications, Certifications, and/or License Requirements:
· Certified or Registered Dental Assistant (CDA/RDA) credentials and CPR-HealthCare Provider certification required.
A community-first focus allows us to help those who make our school successful and cultivates an awareness of the skills that are needed to help our neighbors thrive.