The ideal candidate will provide constructionobservation for municipal, county, state and federal projects as well astransportation authority and agency work including roadways, bridges, culverts,water supply and distribution systems, sanitary sewer collection and treatmentsystems, and storm sewer systems construction.
- Providing extensive on-site observationof construction projects and serve as the Engineer’s liaison with Contractor.
- Attend pre-construction & weekly job progressmeetings.
- Conduct on-site observations of the work inprogress to assist the Engineer in determining if the work is proceeding inaccordance with the Contract Documents.
- Provide and maintain all records related to theproject.
- Document all on-site observations of constructionprogress, equipment on-site, manpower on-site, materials on-site and any andall deficiencies on a Daily Inspection Report. This Report is to be turned in to the Senior Construction Observereither in hardcopy or electronically.
- Review applications for payment with Contractor andconfer with Engineer on recommendations for progress payments.
- Ensure job site is maintained in a safe, neat, andorderly fashion by the Contractor.
- Ensure that all safety precautions and trafficcontrol measures are in place and operational.
- Demonstrate an ability and desire to work.
- Read and use architectural and engineering blueprints and specifications to ensure conformance of work by Contractor.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner.
- Prepare a final punch list at substantialcompletion, and perform final project review for project closeout.
- Be knowledgeable in all phases of the work beinginspected.
- Good communication skills, withthe ability to work with others and the public.
- Self-motivated, organized, andfocused, with good attention to detail.
- Must be able and willing to workthe hours necessary to meet the demands of an ever-changing workload or thecompletion of any assigned project(s).
- Properly care for and maintainany and all company issued equipment and materials.
- Assist in the preparation ofbudgets and estimates and well as material take-offs as required.
- Must be accessible by phoneduring the course of the work day.
- AllConstruction Observers are required to enter their time and expenses on anyprojects into the Deltek Vision web-based system on a daily basis.
- Perform all other duties asassigned by the Department Head or Assistant Department Head.
- Minimum of 5years of Construction Observation experience or construction experiencedirectly related to one or all of the following disciplines: water supply and distribution systems, sanitarysewer collection and treatment systems, storm sewer systems, and roadwayconstruction.
- Must have aValid Driver’s License.
- High Schooldiploma required, but an Associate’s Degree is preferred.
- NICETCertification in Heavy Highway Construction Level II or better. .
- Must havecomputer literacy in all Microsoft Office software.
- Must havecomputer literacy in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license
- Theemployee may also be required to receive and/or renew the followingcertifications at the discretion of the Department Head within 12 months afterthe date of hire:
ACIField Technician Certification
OSHA10 and/or OSHA 30
NJDOTTraffic Control Coordinator
NewJersey Society of Asphalt Technicians – Field Testing
NACECIP Level 1+
PennDOTConcrete Technician Certification
NECEPTBituminous Field Technician Certification
PHYSICALDEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
Whileperforming the duties of a Construction Observer, the employee typically worksin the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Computer/technologyis required to document and report work performed. The position requires the ability to lift andcarry up to 50 pounds.
RVE is a full-service engineering consulting firm that provides design, planning, and construction management/inspection services to our clients. Our staff includes Professional Engineers (civil, mechanical, electrical, structural, transportation, sanitary, and environmental), Professional Planners, Certified Landscape Architects, Certified Inspectors, Surveyors, CADD Designers, and administrative support personnel. The Engineering News Record consistently ranks RVE in the Top 300 design firms and Top 100 construction management firms in the nation.
As a firm, RVE has long supported and currently supports a variety of on-call, general engineering consultant (GEC), and construction management contracts.