HVAC Design Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Established forward thinking Engineering firm located in both Durham and Asheville, North Carolina is seeking an engineer with 3 to 5 years of relevant experience in HVAC/mechanical system design as well as plumbing and fire protection systems design for educational, commercial and industrial facilities to expand its MEP division.
- Design of HVAC systems for commercial, industrial, and education facilities
- Hydronic system (chilled and hot water) piping design as well as ductwork and mechanical equipment sizing is also required.
- Understands construction plan documentation including architectural, structural and MEP systems
- Knowledge of HVAC, Fire Protection, and Plumbing
- Preparation of construction documents including drawings, specifications, calculations, and details
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Candidates must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to take projects from inception to completion
- Detail Oriented
- Skilled in design and calculation software, AutoCAD competency a plus
- Ability to work independently with general instructions / guidance from project manager and produce the expected results.
- BS in Mechanical engineering or equivalent degree/experience required
- Professional Engineering licensure preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works in the field and may be exposed to outside weather conditions. Work requires frequent and prolonged computer use. May occasional lifting up to 25 pounds.
This company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all qualified, interested parties, regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under national or local law.
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties from particular jobs and to assign other duties as necessary.
Remington & Vernick Engineers
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?