Finance Manager- Eureka CA
Remi Vista, Inc.
Expired: July 05, 2023 Applications are no longer accepted.
- $35 to $38 Hourly
Remi Vista, Inc. is recruiting for a corporate level Finance/Accounting Manager.
This position reports directly to the Executive Director/CEO. This position oversees accounting operations across five different regions in Northern California including: Humboldt, Del Norte, Siskiyou, Shasta, and Tehama counties.
Position is located in Shasta County at our Corporate Office in Redding California.
Finance/Accounting Manager Job Description
- The Accounting Manager will plan and direct all accounting activities of the department.
- Supervise and/or manage general ledger accounting functions, including, but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger and payroll.
- Establish internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and financial preparation.
- Conduct monthly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting, general ledger maintenance and provide needed information for the annual external audit.
- Prepares, reviews, and analyzes monthly financial statements, with input from the rest of the accounting department, to ensure accuracy and completeness. Prepares and provides monthly financial analysis to Executive Management Team.
- Performs and/or prepares ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Ensures accurate and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
- Manages and prepares the annual year-end external A-133 financial audit.
- Coordinates, and interfaces, with the outside auditors answering questions, providing needed information and schedules.
- Prepares annual RCL Biennial reporting.
- Prepares annual CFRS Cost Reports.
- Assess current practices and procedures, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develops staff by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, and payroll.
- Conducts performance evaluations.
- Coordinates training programs for new staff and identifies training needs for current staff.
Qualifications for Accounting Manager:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role, non-profit experience a plus
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Knowledge of employee relationship building and performance management techniques
- Advanced MS Office and Excel skills.
- Experience with accounting/financial software and databases, BC365 a plus
- High attention to detail and accuracy and strong sense of ethics
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35.00 - $38.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Physical setting: Office
- Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm
- COVID-19 Vaccination or religious/medical exemption required
- Ability to commute/relocate:
- Redding, CA 96001: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: In person
Remi Vista, Inc.Eureka, CA
Finance and InsuranceView All Remi Vista, Inc. Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.