Remedy Staffing is currently hiring for a 1st shift Shipping Clerk for a manufacturing company located in South San Antonio.
- Input outside purchased raw materials and finished goods following set procedure.
- Input and print bills of lading.
- Become familiar with quantities on hand to cover current shipments.
- Call freight lines for pickups and freight rates.
- Calculate freight rates from freight rate book.
- Keep current file of masters of all non stock finished good items. Properly record all partial shipments.
- Compare finished quantities on product master against loading ticket against bill of lading on partial and completed finished goods (non- inventory items).
- Compare and verify loading tickets against bill of lading as far as quantity loaded and shipped to customer.
- Attach signed original bill of lading with load ticket and master (if applicable) and forward to Sales Service along with those of second and third shifts. All must be matched and given to Sales Service by 8:30 a.m. on the following day.
- Write back orders on all partial shipments.
- Input receiving information into System.
- Maintain bill of lading
- Separate weights
Standard form on number sequence must be forwarded to Accounts Receivable by noon of the following day.
- Maintain truck records and call in mileage to tractor lessors.
- Maintain drivers'logs.
- Prepare a Pallet Report and forward to General Sales Manager and Production Manager weekly.
- Must have working telephone number on file with Human Resource Department, Shipping Superintendent. Shipping Supervisor, and Plant Superintendent at all times.
- Additional duties assigned by management to insure the efficient operation of the Company.
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 6AM to 3PM (with flexibility to come in early, stay later, and work weekends when needed)
*When hired permanently, the company will provide excellent benefits to include: 401K, Sick Leave, PTO, Medical and Dental, and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) vouchers.
All interested applicant are encouraged to come in and apply to either one of our locations:
1950 SW Military Dr. San Antonio, TX 78221 - 210.973.6878
2518 Nacogdoches Rd. San Antonio, TX 78217 - 210.366.3400
All interested applicants MUST:
- Have reliable transportation (location is not on a busline)
- Have steel toes boots/shoes
- Be available to work long hours up to 7 days a week
- Be able to provide a valid form of ID and eligibility to work in Texas