Responsible for operating machines and performing assemblies to obtain final product.
- Interprets basic drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Performs a variety of milling, drilling, grinding, riveting, and turning on conventional machines or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
- Reviews OCS/OS sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence, tooling requirements/changes, and dimensions of finished workpiece.
- Able to perform simple sub-assemblies.
- Perform tool changes on simple operations such as drilling and reaming operations (i.e. sanding belts and grinding wheels).
- Performs a variety of inspection and gaging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications (metric and inch) (i.e. venier calipers, microhite, micrometers).
- Performs preventative maintenance as required.
- Ability to fit various dimensional characteristics using gunsmithing techniques (i.e. filing, torqueing, sanding).
- Able to perform moderately to highly complex assembly operations.
- Make offsets and adjustments as required to compensate for tool wear or tool changes.
- Using knowledge of Conventional machining concepts, theories, terminology, performs machine setups, change fixtures, and qualify first piece for production with minimal assistance from Machine Technicians.
- Shift flexibility
- ASTM or ANSI certified steel toe shoes
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or related experience or training.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Remedy Intelligent Staffing