A Mitigation Restoration Technicians & Managers are responsible for the fast response to emergency disaster claims and other restoration-related activities within the geographical territory. They offer hope to victims of disasters to help their lives return to normalcy. Our Technicians guide the property owner through the process of determining what can be restored and the options to do so. When the job is completed, the satisfaction of knowing you helped someone put together the broken pieces of their life is rewarding.
The work environment is fast-paced, competitive, and always ever changing. Because we are a 24/7 emergency services company, Applicants must be willing and available at intervals to work longer hours, share the ‘on-call responsibilities’ in a rotating fashion, and be open to travel to disaster locations nationwide. We offer excellent benefits, a great work environment, and the opportunity to grow within your role.
· Help with initial site inspection
· Scope fire, wind, water and disaster related losses
· Remove carpets, carpet pads, drywall, insulation etc…. from job site
· Haul debris from job site to truck as well as moving customer’s personal items for content cleaning or pack-out.
· Will be cross trained in contents cleaning
· Move dehumidifiers and fans (and other equipment) to and from work site
· Drive and operate truck and machinery (extraction machine, dehumidifiers, etc)
· Responsible for the completion of light paperwork for each job
· Must have a valid drivers license with 3 or fewer points
· Required to pass the Insurance Industries Background Check along with a simple physical and drug test
· Know how to use basic hand tools such as a hammer, saws, etc.
· Team player mentality
· Motivated and organized person with a positive attitude
· Ability to think on your feet
· Personable and professional individual who makes a good first impression with customers
· Requires medium labor – candidate must be able to lift 50lbs. routinely
· Ability to work in awkward places; stand; sit; walk; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl; talk and hear.
· Willing to be occasionally work in high, precarious places; outdoor weather conditions; and extreme cold (non-weather)
· Willing to work under fumes or airborne particle and toxic or caustic chemicals environment (will be provided safety training and safety equipment)
· Traveling to each job location requires the safe operation of a company vehicle – must be able to drive
Past experience and certifications in the insurance restoration industry are preferred, but not necessary. The willingness to work hard and learn from the ground up is a must.
Remediation and Restoration Company
Orange Park, FL