- Posted: over a month ago
Position Summary: The Superintendent will plan construction work and provide oversight of the daily operations performed onsite for environmental remediation construction and earthwork projects in RECON's east region. Responsible for all aspects of earthwork projects including direct supervision of the crew, oversight of construction equipment, and subcontractors onsite; the implementation of the behavioral safety program, quality control, and procurement for the project site.
In This Role, You Will:
- Supervise the construction crew and manage the execution of soil and earthwork performed onsite and the RECON team's daily progress, in accordance with the schedule, drawings, and technical specifications
- Work closely with site safety to reinforce RECON's culture of safety; ensure all employees remain in compliance with safety plans, company policies and procedures, plus assist project management with daily morning safety meetings onsite
- Evaluate the competencies of craft employees to ensure safe operation of heavy equipment to mitigate company risk and address any safety concerns
- Monitor the performance levels of the crew onsite, including training, coaching and disciplinary action when necessary
- Generate daily reports to document progress and production with a high level of accuracy
- Prepare and track daily time sheets to align with the completion of work activities
- Maintain an adequate inventory of materials and heavy equipment onsite that consistently support production deadlines and adhere to the budget for the scope of work
- Ensure work performed onsite is conducted in compliance with quality standards, and within the scope of the contract in place with the client
- Conduct incident and accident investigations with the site safety team onsite, report issues as needed to mitigate risk while ensuring the safety of RECON employees
- Lead efforts to integrate subcontractors into RECON's high level of safety standards on the project site, educate and mentor as needed
- Manage production goals related to project estimates, share input and feedback with the Project Manager regarding the overall management of project safety, productivity, the quality of work, and financial status of the project
What We Require:
- Ten or more years of construction experience, including five years of direct field supervision including direct oversight of crew, heavy equipment, and construction project work
- Demonstrated experience working with liners and In-situ/Ex-situ soil stabilization, environmental remediation, landfill closure projects, site preparation, mass excavation and/or earthwork construction
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong understanding of safety related to the safe operation of earth moving construction equipment is mandatory
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) to generate daily reports efficiently and with a high degree of accuracy
- Must be able to work in a construction environment onsite with exposure to dust, noise, and inclement weather
- Must be willing and able to travel to job site locations in the east region as assigned to work onsite and manage daily operations with a rotation back home monthly
RECON is a Keller Company and offers a variety of employee benefits including competitive compensation; medical, dental and vision insurance; company paid vacation, sick leave, company paid holidays; 401K retirement plan with 6% company match, a casual dress code and work environment, and much more.
RECON affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
RECON conforms to the spirit and to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Employment is subject to the verification of pre-employment drug screen, medical testing based on your position, and a criminal background investigation including your driving record. The certification of identity and eligibility to work using the I-9 Form and E-Verify is required within three days of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Remedial Construction Services, L.P. (RECON)
ConstructionView all jobs at Remedial Construction Services, L.P. (RECON)