Senior Project Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position Summary: The Project Engineer will provide technical oversight for environmental remediation and earthwork projects, deliver both the technical and administrative support required for project work onsite. Act as the technical liaison between clients, engineers, the construction crew onsite, and the project management teams; responsible for in-process inspections, site specific documentation and reporting for projects in the west region.
In This Role, You Will:
- Work closely with project management teams, construction crew and clients onsite to provide day to day technical support and ensure the work performed is in compliance with contract documents
- Work onsite and partner with site safety to actively support both site specific safety best practices and RECON safety programs, company policies and procedures
- Assist with the preparation and submission of pre-mobilization documentation, including regulatory submittals and reports, in accordance with all contract documents and the client's expectations
- Manage field quality control, disposal, testing and sampling (including soil, groundwater and stormwater sampling); manage field data and prepare quality control documentation for projects
- Oversee and conduct progress inspections of the work being performed onsite to ensure compliance with the scope of work, contract documents, and applicable regulatory agencies
- Supervise both site surveys and layout including preparation of weekly installed quantities to support project reporting and invoicing processes
- Offer support to site Superintendents and Construction Managers by preparing requisitions and purchase orders, and managing the processes related to receiving and expediting materials
- Provide technical oversight of subcontractors and act as the interface between the owner, engineers, and crew; control and implement Request For Information processes including the required documentation for the project submittal log, drawings and sketches
What We Require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Environmental Engineering or Science; or a related discipline
- Ten years of Project Engineer experience related to earthwork or environmental remediation projects; environmental consulting experience would be a plus
- Knowledge and understanding of groundwater and soil sampling and construction equipment, materials and techniques related to environmental construction and remediation
- Working knowledge of materials testing related to earthwork and environmental remediation
- Basic understanding of the basic principles of design and model assumptions
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint, and AutoCAD required to create logical reports, graphs, and data reduction with a high level of accuracy
- Ability to interpret and implement quality control plans and data effectively
- Must be willing to travel extensively to work on job sites as assigned with monthly rotation back home (travel up to 75%) for the duration of projects
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, climb, operate and work around motorized vehicles and equipment, work in confined spaces or at heights required
- Ability to work in a construction environment with potential exposure to dust, noise, waste, toxic and infectious materials, and in inclement weather required
RECON offers a variety of employee benefits including competitive compensation, company paid time off and vacation, nine company paid holidays, company matched 401K retirement plan, pet insurance, a casual dress code and work environment, and more.
RECON affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
RECON conforms to the spirit and to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. Employment is subject to the verification of pre-employment drug screen, medical testing based on your position, and a criminal background investigation including your driving record. The certification of identity and eligibility to work using the I-9 Form and E-Verify is required within three days of employment.
Powered by JazzHR
Remedial Construction Services, L.P. (RECON)
TechnologyView all jobs at Remedial Construction Services, L.P. (RECON)