Remedi SeniorCare is one of the nation’s TOP TEN long term care pharmacies. We offer nursing homes and assisted-living facilities everything they need to provide better care to their residents by delivering highly responsive pharmacy solutions.
Technical Support Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting and repairing computer software and hardware problems plus supporting projects in multiple institutional pharmacies that operates 24 x 7 x 365.
- Perform first level triage to assign and resolve trouble tickets
- Installs a wide variety of computer hardware equipment
- Identifies when software licensing needs to be obtained and installs software of moderate complexity
- Recommends standard software that will meet customer needs and assists the Network Engineering team as needed.
- Provides hand-on and remote support for tier 2 end user support
- Participates in single and large scale moves.
- Participates in other projects where technical resources are needed.
- Attend regularly scheduled project meetings and provide technical and logistical advice to a project team.
- Knowledge of IT operations best practices and Project Management
- Ability to work in a change controlled environment
- Experience supporting a 24x7 operation and On Call rotation
- Strong ability to perform technical analysis, technical support, and troubleshoot problems/issues
- Experience with Windows 7 and MSOffice Suite troubleshooting and repair
- Ability to disassemble computer equipment and replace defective or upgrade parts
- The ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to prioritize customer needs
- Excellent attention to detail, decision-making, prioritization, and self-managing skills
- Ability to work well in a small team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other technical staff and internal customers.
- Associate degree or Technical School certification. MCSE/MCP Certification preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience with PC and operating systems, HP hardware and CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications are preferred, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written with English as the primary language. Ability to contribute to written manuals, processes and procedures documents
- Ability to travel to other Pharmacies as needed
- Approximate travel 20%