Did you know that medication errors are common, involving 16–27% of long-term care residents in studies examining all types of medication errors? Remedi SeniorCare is committed to reducing the number of medication errors happening in long-term care settings. It all starts with our order entry department who processes the details of medications for our customers' residents. Medicines are then delivered in our patented medication management system called PAXIT, that with its unique features, reduces the risk for medication errors. We are looking for trained pharmacy technicians to help deliver our innovative pharmacy services and medication packaging to help reduce medication errors.
The Medical Records Technician is responsible for entering new, updating current, and maintaining current medication and non-medication related orders appearing on facility physician order sheets, Medical Administration records, Treatment Administration Records, Enteral Protocols, and Behavioral Records.
- Responsible for managing designated group of facilities in providing the medical records functions.
- Responsible for information update and all necessary changes to MARS, POS, TAR, Enteral Protocol, and Behavioral Records
- Responsible for entering all medication and non-medication related orders into the pharmacy information management system.
- Responsible for maintaining all census information in designated facility groups.
- Communicate with designated facility groups for continued information to ensure accurate processing.
- Responsible for maintaining all printing equipment, ensuring equipment works to its optimum level.
- Per established facility date and delivery time all paperwork is printed and completed for each delivery time.
- During the 18TH and 26TH of each month, responsible for the printing of physician orders, MARS, TARS, etc.
- Responsible for sorting
- Assists with ensuring safety practices and procedures are adhered to and practiced.
- Enforces all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Complies with all applicable state and federal regulations related to pharmacy practices.
- Customer Focus - Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; talks and acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Participates in special projects to identify and implement operational improvements.
- Ability to work with others in a positive productive manner anticipates and responds to the positions areas of responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned or directed.
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- Basic computer knowledge skills required
- Must have basic understanding of medical terminology, math and analytical skills.
- Minimum of one (1) year working in a long term care pharmacy or as a pharmacy technician in a retail environment or Long Term Care pharmacy preferred.
**Remedi SeniorCare is a great place to work! Our successful candidates will enjoy a comprehensive benefits and compensation plan along with the surroundings of our state-of-the-art work site**