IV Pharmacy Technician - 2nd shift
Remedi SeniorCare Chicago, IL
- Expired: August 13, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
Did you know that more than 2 Million Americans are residing in Senior Care Living? And why? Medication management is one of the top reasons why seniors move into these communities. They are seeking help with managing their medications and maintain their quality of life. Remedi partners with senior care communities to provide a unique pharmacy experience to meet the complex medication needs of their residents. That experience starts with our team members in our closed door pharmacies. We are seeking forward thinking individuals who will embrace a daily dedication to the needs of residents, nurses, and administrators.
This position is responsible for the daily operation of the Paxit automated Packaging and Dispensing equipment, the fulfillment of Bulk Prescriptions and the Staging of all finished items for shipment to our customers. This position will also function with and assist any other area in the facility as needed with regards to pharmacy operations.
- Responsible operating the Paxit and Uhlmann automated equipment.
- Performs bulk fulfillment activities and the Staging of all finished product.s.
- Maintain all related compounding records, prescription logs, and any other related files as determined by the Pharmacy Supervision
- Remove and sort by work function the delivery bags or totes and equipment from return area inside pharmacy. Ensure proper dispensation of unreturned medication items for proper outlet.
- Replenishes inventory and/or supplies throughout the Pharmacy in a timely and effective manner.
- Responsible to conduct or assist in the training of new staff.
- Perform technician assignments as requested by Pharmacy Supervision.
- High School graduate or equivalent required.
- Current National/State Pharmacy License
- Basic computer knowledge skills required, must have basic understanding of medical terminology, math and analytical skills.
- Minimum of one (1) year working as a pharmacy technician in a Long Term Care pharmacy, hospital, or other health care pharmacy preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and written with English as the primary language.
- Must be dependable with ability to be flexible, function independently and works under pressure with multiple tasks and deadlines. Must have strong organizational, customer service, and time management skills, ability to problem solve.
**Remedi SeniorCare is a great place to work! Our successful candidates will enjoy a comprehensive benefits and compensation plan along with the surroundings of our state-of-the-art work site**