Remedi SeniorCare is one of the nation's TOP FIVE long term care pharmacies. We offer nursing homes and assisted-living facilities everything they need to provide better care to their residents by delivering highly responsive pharmacy solutions.
Remedi SeniorCare is currently looking for enthusiastic, motivated and talented Clinical Pharmacist to join its Consulting team. Consultant Clinical Pharmacist provides leadership, knowledge, and expertise for all functions related to clinical pharmacy at the long-term care center level; provides integration with interdisciplinary team to improve patient and facility clinical outcomes associated with medication use; responsible for staff education in area of expertise; and participate in continuous quality improvement/risk management activities that focus on medications or medication related systems that place patients and living center at the highest risk of negative outcomes.
- Perform drug regimen reviews of institutional clients
- Perform med storage inspections and assist with the appropriate disposal of controlled drugs
- Provide education to facility staff
- Observes med passes of facility nurses
- Track and complete expense reports
- Performs any other functions as required by federal or state nursing facility regulations
- Perform staff pharmacist duties as the need arises
- Participate in facility QA Programs and IDT's when as determined by clients
- Maintain thorough and appropriate documentation in the client record of all clinical activities and communicates with client-DON's Administrators, physicians, and other healthcare professionals in a format convenient to client at a time convenient for client (trend reports and summaries)
- Work as an associate with the Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator
- Maintain clinical skills and pharmacy knowledge by reviewing literature and attending educational seminars
- Supervises activity of Pharmacist Technician(s) or Pharmacy Student(s) assigned to any of the Consulting Pharmacist's Clients
- Obtains compliance by client medical staff to formulary
- Registered Pharmacist Licensure in MD.
- 2 - 4 years of clinical experience preferred
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office products preferred
- Up to 50% travel
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
We serve people. Our focus is improving the quality of life for people who reside in long-term care facilities and the people who care for them. If you believe in our mission and values, and would like to be a part of a growing company at the forefront of providing revolutionary, high-tech long-term care pharmacy solutions, APPLY NOW!