RemX is in search of a QA/QC Auditor for a hiring team in the banking and finance industry. This is an excellent opportunity for a lending professional with pre-funding experience in QA/QC. This is a Contractposition paying $28/hr (some potential for permanency in the New Year, highly performance related). The ideal candidate will have direct experience with Government (FNMA, FHLMC, VA, FHA) mortgages doing both purchases and refinances (retail and correspondent loans will be audited). Strong Excel skills will also be needed for this position.
If your background lines up with this position, please apply now for immediate consideration!
- Work closing with sales mortgage department examining mortgage for accuracy, ensure compliance with policies, internal requirements and regulatory requirements
- Identify and resolve any errors in pre-funding and/or post-closing of loan review and take corrective action as needed
- Perform risk assessments on loans, escalate potential fraud and violations when identified
- Review and verify income, tax returns, consumer credit reports, debt to income ratio, etc.
- Evaluate canceled loans or decline credit applications for accuracy and ensure conformance with business and investor standards, regulatory requirements and product guidelines.
- Verification of required information and data are clearly documented
- At least four years’ total work experience in consumer mortgage lending process in Auditing - pre-funding (relevant mortgage Loan Processor or Underwriter experience will also be considered)
- Prefer prior experience working with investor or third party managers
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Detail orientated and highly organized
- Able to manage multiple of files, request and deadlines
*NOTE* This role will work remote, however the team member must be available to work in the San Diego office as needed