Field Service Technician – Transformers – Direct Hire
This RemX client is one of the nations’s leading providers of transformer repair and transformer maintenance, providing high-quality service and top-of-the-line refurbished electrical equipment to their customers.
Their dynamic growth has created an excellent opportunity for an experienced Field Service Technician. In this role, you will provide services that range from on-site repairs and testing to the commissioning of new substations and diagnostic evaluations.
This role requires substantial travel (80%+) but can be performed from any location with proximity to a major airport.
This is an ideal position for you if you have the following:
- 3+ years transformer maintenance experience
- Experience with polemount and padmount transformers
- Ability to travel 80%
- A desire for a long-term career with a fast-growing company
This is a strategic position with strong career growth potential, offering competitive compensation and excellent company benefits, including paid OT; medical, dental, and vision insurance; and 401K.
- On-site troubleshooting, testing, maintenance, and repair of transformers and related equipment.
- Maintenance and repair of reclosers, oil circuit breakers, SF6 breakers and circuit switches, controls, regulators, and other station equipment.
- Common repairs required include transformer leaks, bushing replacement, fuse replacement, oil retrofills, radiator repair, and gauge replacements.
- Assist with projects related to hot oil processing, field dressing, oil testing, retro-filling, electrical testing, and routine maintenance, repair, and decommissioning.
- 3+ years transformer maintenance experience.
- Experience with polemount and padmount transformers and related components.
- Ability to travel 80%.
- Good driving record.
- Criminal background check and drug screen required for all employees.