Field Service Engineer – Switchgear Commissioning – Washington DC – Direct Hire
- Do you have 2+ years of switchgear commissioning experience in manufacturing automation, industrial or datacenter environment? (This is a must have for the position)
- Are you looking for a career opportunity in a very critical and stable industry - power distribution equipment?
- Are you able to work at customer sites up to 80% of the time in a very large territory with many days of overnight travel?
- Would you like to work for a very professional and service focused team that pay hourly with extensive OT pay?
- Are you located in or able to relocate with assistance to the Washington DC Area?
We are working with an international OEM of power distribution equipment that is searching for a Field Service Engineer on a direct hire basis in the Washington DC area that will work at the customer sites up to 50%. In this position you will perform installation and commissioning of power distribution equipment in industrial automation, industrial facilities and data centers.
Note: This position pays $32-$39/hr.; OT, full benefits, full expenses
Note: Must be located in or relocated to the DC area with assistance
Main Job Functions:
- Perform the installation, maintenance, repair and commissioning of switchgear equipment
- Commissioning of equipment on site within specifications
- Perform modification to programming of PLC’s for automation, protection or monitoring devices
- Provide preventive maintenance, field installations and repairs of the installed equipment
- Give technical product support and training
- Work with project management to select and coordinate the installation and replacement of parts32
- Technical, vocational education/degree or related experience
- 2+ yrs. of experience working in a field service role with commissioning of electrical equipment
- Travel up to 50% of the time in the Washington DC Area; travel outside of the area, including international, may be required
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Ability to read drawings, electrical schematics and wiring diagrams
- Experienced with switchgear and electrical controls system.
- Experienced with programming PLC’s or automatic transfer switch controls