RemX is partnered with a Transportation Services firm in Conshohocken, PA to find a Dispatch Supervisor to join their team. This is a contract to hire opportunity. Qualified candidates please submit an application for immediate consideration.
Dispatch Supervisor Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the oversight of dispatch office consisting of 5 dispatchers, 40 drivers, and an estimated 30 calls daily.
- Directly supervise 5 dispatch employees. Manage scheduling, call completion, billing accuracy and daily supervision of the operation.
- Oversee driver board coverage, customer service, safety, compliance, driver retention, and employee scorecards.
- Successfully promote, manage, and maintain a positive work environment, improve operational efficiency, employee engagement, and driver retention.
- Ensure fleet compliance with all Safety and DOT training.
- Facilitate and determine employee training and development including monitoring ongoing performance progress. Optimize job performance through evaluations, individual development plans, and employee recognition programs.
- Train on and audit all processes and procedures needed to execute the day-to-day operations while seeking to identify and implement system or procedure improvement areas.
- Responsible for various operational, financial, and service reporting on an ongoing basis.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with assigned customers and communicate with Vice President, Operations, and team.
- Create and execute plan for forecasted call volumes/customer volume needs, power/equipment needs, and adjust capacity needs.
Dispatch Supervisor Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2-4 years of experience in transportation/logistics, preferably in a team lead or supervisory position
- Ability to process information with high levels of accuracy
- Anticipate, recognize, and deal effectively with existing or potential conflicts at the individual, group, or situation level
- Ability to accurately analyze situations and reach productive decisions based on informed judgment
- Ability to adapt to changing environments
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with clients, vendors, and peers
- Ability to meet or exceed team/driver needs and expectations and provide excellent service in a direct or indirect manner
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to develop and track challenging goals that support business strategies
- Ability to form and manage effective teams