Service Technician – Industrial Boilers and Water Treatment – Direct Hire – Chicago IL
- Are you a Service Technician with 2+ years of experience working with industrial machinery, boilers, and electro-mechanical equipment?
- Would you like to work for a global OEM manufacturer of innovative boiler and water treatment systems that is critical in the food and beverage, textile and healthcare industry?
- Would you like to work with a highly skilled service team that offers competitive pay plus OT and full benefits that offers room for advancement?
We are working for an international manufacturer of boiler and water treatment machinery that is searching for a Boilermaker on a direct hire basis to cover the Chicago, IL area. In this role, you will have a company vehicle and be dispatched from home on a daily basis to customer sites to perform welding, pipefitting, assembly and repair on industrial boilers.
Note: Pay for this position is $27 - $35/hr plus OT, company vehicle, full benefits medical and dental
Note: Travel primarily in territory within a 2-3 hour range. Some overnight travel is required.
Main Job Functions:
- Ability to pass an ASME certified G6 welding test
- Pipefitting installation and repair
- Read blueprints to determine locations, positions, and dimensions of boiler parts
- Install boilers in buildings and manufacturing facilities
- Assemble boiler tanks, often using robotic or automatic welders
- Replace or repair broken valves, pipes, or joints, using hand and power tools, gas torches, and welding equipment
- Technical background with mechanical and electrical experience.
- Possession of a valid automobile-driving license to drive company vehicle
- Ability to pass a background check