Sr Staff Accountant, AP
- $26 to $30 Hourly
The ideal candidate will be responsible for timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. It is essential that this candidate brings analytical and organizational skills in order to best support the accounting team. This position is located in Sherman Oaks, CA.
The Staff Accountant Senior, AP will be responsible for full cycle accounts payable by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. Staff Accountant Senior, AP has ownership of the accounts payable and expense reimbursements for assigned complex vendors and suppliers.
Your primary activities will include but are not limited to:
· Distribute invoices and obtain necessary approvals; Ensure accurate GL coding for expenses.
· Responsible for resolving and communicating invoice discrepancies.
· Various vendor management such as, monitoring discount opportunities; verifying federal id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos.
· Review Goods Received/Invoice Received report, research and resolve open items in a timely manner.
· Review staff accountant’s transactions and assist to research and resolve open invoices.
· Assist with various tax payments including Federal, State, Sales, and Use tax payments.
· Validate and file all 1099’s.
· Prepare and analyze periodic vendor reports.
· Prepare period-end account reconciliations and other month-end closing procedures.
· Assist with annual audit.
· Maintain accurate vendor files and nurture vendor relationships.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or 4-5 years of applicable experience in AP Department.
· Experience in manufacturing environment.
· Working knowledge of intercompany charges.
· Proven track record of researching discrepancies of invoices in a timely manner.
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Prior experience with SAP, or equivalent, required.
· Proficient with Microsoft Suite
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
vibrant and dynamic company, where innovation and excitement are at the heart of everything we do.
Experience a culture that thrives on teamwork and collaboration!
RemX Specialty Staffing RetailLos Angeles, CA
WebsiteView All RemX Specialty Staffing Retail Jobs
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.