The Compliance Coordinator is expected to work closely with the Service Coordinator and Verifications Teams to ensure compliance with medical malpractice insurance enrollment requirements, performing specific duties as described below. The Compliance Coordinator will ultimately be responsible for ensuring our contractors’ medical malpractice insurance is in place, on file and compliant with our company requirements and standards. The Compliance Coordinator will also be responsible for reporting any feedback, obstacles and other trends which may hinder the company’s sustained success to their immediate manager.
Assumes responsibility for the effective performance of all related job functions.
- Ensures certificates of insurance are on file prior to the contractor’s start date
- Responsible for reporting patient compensation fund enrollment requirements to carriers and processing invoices as received
- Assists the recruiting consultant and Risk department by gathering internal documentation when/if a Notice of Potential Claim is received
- Audit files to ensure compliance with internal medical malpractice insurance requirements.
- Processes incoming work verification and claims history verification requests
- Develops and maintains customized reports based on specialty and need(s).
- Creates and distributes form letters
- Communicates with customers, both internal and external, via phone calls and e-mails regarding relevant concerns and necessary documentation
- Assists with training new associates on medical malpractice insurance processes and requirements
Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining good business relationships with customers and outside contacts.
- Maintains confidentiality of information and meets all deadlines
- Resolves customer requests, complaints, and problems.
- Organizes and re-prioritizes tasks on an hourly, daily, quarterly, monthly and yearly basis.
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree preferred
Certification in the medical, legal or insurance fields a plus
Required Knowledge: Medical Malpractice knowledge highly preferred
Relevant computer knowledge and experience
Proficient in Microsoft Excel
Experience Required: 2-4 years of relevant work experience required
Paralegal and / or high-volume auditing experience highly preferred
Skills/Abilities: Good interpersonal and relationship building skills
Excellent customer service and administrative support skills
Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Able to work well independently (self-motivated) and in a team environment
Able to excel in a fast-paced environment and handle deadline pressure well