- Posted: over a month ago
The Warehouse Manager manages the entire crew of warehouse personnel, manages customer relations, and is responsible for all aspects of operations of the warehouse, including the location P&L, human resources activity, and payroll.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all employees, including office administrator, general laborers, and forklift drivers. Crews may work multiple shifts, and can range in size from three to twenty-five employees
- Communicates goals, manages staff schedules, and coordinates workloads to achieve facility goals
- Maintains quality and safety standards throughout the site
- Trains and develop associates, ensure they are following company policies, procedures, and standards
- Manages customer relationships for site
- Participate in hiring, onboarding, scheduling, and assigning work to new associates
- Sets shift/operating schedule in conjunction with Regional Operations Manager to best service the local customers
- Manages employee relations issues, locally, in conjunction with Corporate HR team
- Ensures company policies regarding HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) and HR are followed in conjunction with federal, state, and local employment law
- Analyzes site data to make continuous improvements in operational excellence
- Drafts reports, business correspondence, and procedural instruction manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Monitors each employee's performance and workload to ensure expectations are met
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Associate's or bachelor's degree preferred; high school diploma or GED required
- Knowledge of WMS (Warehouse Management System) preferred
- 5+ years applicable experience, preferably in retail management, distribution, supply chain, or manufacturing environments
- 3+ years in a supervisory role
- Retail/service industry experience is ideal
- Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service to all levels of the organization as well as to visitors and customers.
- General knowledge of federal, state, and local laws governing HR practices.
- Proficient in use of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) required
- Expected to be comfortable with technology
- Experience in small, start-up organizations helpful
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English fluently, Spanish is a plus in many locations.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Excellent oral and written communication skills needed
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Forklift certifications required
- Must possess a valid driver's license to allow for travel to various company locations, if required by the company
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions to include, but not limited to, elements, heat, cold, and air particulate
- Repetitively adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for entire shifts of varying lengths
- The employee is frequently required to sit, talk hear, walk and use hands to handle, feel and reach
- Forklift operator is required to sit for long periods of time
- The noise level in the work environment is dependent on location
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required (eye protection, ear protection is mandatory at several locations, safety shoes)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- Must have a good sense of balance & good eye-hand-foot coordination
- May be required to lift pallets by hand, each weighing between 50 lbs. to 75 lbs.
- Competitive Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Referral Bonuses
- Long-Term Career Advancement
- Great Team Environment
- Full-time employees eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life, AD&D and Short-Term & Long-Term Disability insurance on the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment
Relogistics Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Notice of Collection of Personal Information for Job Applicants
AddressNew Berlin, WI
Transportation and Storage
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?