Sorter/Forklift Operator $18/hr New Berlin
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Forklift Operator moves pallets and other materials through the different areas of the Distribution Center, Reverse Logistics Center, supporting production requirements in those areas, as well as loading and unloading customer trailers. Relogistics Forklift Operators also Power-Sort pallets as part of their daily responsibilities in some locations.
Pay Rate: $18/hr
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The forklift operator is responsible for making decisions regarding the movement of pallets or materials to maximize the efficiency
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around loaded pallets and transports load to designated area
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device
- Forklifts must be operated with extreme care, adhering to company safety procedures at all times
- Forklift operators must achieve expected production requirements while maintaining a clean and safe working environment
- Must be accountable for achieving Relogistics results while maintaining Relogistics Core Values and Safety Standards
Education and/or Experience
- Good math, language and reading skills with attention to detail along with basic computer skills
- Forklift certificate of training not required, but preferred
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for keeping records
- Understanding that overtime may be required and is considered mandatory
- Ability to work overtime and flexible schedule/shifts
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in extreme conditions to include, but not limited to, elements, heat, cold, and air particulate
- Repetitively adjust body position to bend, stoop, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for entire shifts of varying lengths
- The employee is frequently required to sit, talk hear, walk and use hands to handle, feel and reach
- Forklift operator is required to sit for long periods of time
- The noise level in the work environment is dependent on location
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is required (eye protection, ear protection is mandatory at several locations, safety shoes)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include, close vision, distance vision and color vision.
- Must have a good sense of balance & good eye-hand-foot coordination
- May be required to lift pallets by hand, each weighing between 50 lbs. to 75 lbs.
AddressNew Berlin, WI
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Relogistics Services