Shift Lead - Pendleton, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Shift Lead will report to the On-Site Manager and under their general supervision, is responsible for overseeing the employees on their shift that perform all of the essential duties in a Distribution Center. The Shift Lead is responsible for ensuring employees are maximizing overall productivity during each shift, while adhering to the highest safety standards.
This position reports to the RLC Manager. With minimal supervision, the Shift Lead acts on behalf of the RLC Manager during their assigned shift, serves as point of contact for customer and employees on assigned shift, deals with safety issues and concerns, handles basic administrative paperwork, and general employee oversight.
Location: Pendleton, In 46064
Saturday, Sunday and Monday 6:00pm - 6:00am
Pay rate: $17/hr. Contingent on completing a background check and drug test
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to communicate expectations and goals daily, weekly and monthly to the employees in order for the site to meet Relogistics performance standards
- Under the direction of the On-Site Manager, promotes a safe working environment and helps ensure Safety Standards are met
- Ability to communicate to customer any needs or concerns
- Must be able to coach, train, provide feedback, and if necessary, hold employees accountable
- Conduct Safety Meetings with the employees and establish expectations
- Ability to complete all production paperwork with accuracy
- Communicates directly with On-Site Manager regarding any employee issues.
- Loading and unloading materials from trailers
- Moving pallets or material on pallets or in crates around the storage facility
- Stacking pallets or materials in the correct manner, following inventory control instructions
- Checking to make sure loads are secure
- Ensuring that all daily equipment checks on all Industrial power equipment are being performed
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keep accurate records
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards
- Organizes and maintains file system, files correspondence and other records
- Performs basic financial data entry
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- May be required to assist with forklift driver duties, as needed. This would include operating a forklift for supplying and retrieving pallets or materials to/from different areas within the warehouse, making accurate decisions regarding the movement of pallets or materials to maximize the efficiency of the location, as well as tracking these movements in a timely/legible manner on proper Relogistics forms.
- Must maintain a clean & safe working environment that meets Relogistics standards
- Must be accountable for achieving Relogistics results while maintaining Relogistics Core Values and Safety Standards.
Education and/or Experience
- Supervisor or Lead experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math, language and reading skills with attention to detail along with basic computer skills
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others
- Valid driver’s license, reliable transportation
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations are desirable.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals is desirable.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and employees
Get fresh 2nd Shift Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.