- $17 to $18 Hourly
Hourly Pay: $17.00/hr. - $18.00/hr. Shift(s): 3rd Shift: Fri - Sun 6:00am - 6:00pm Location: 1500 Industrial Park Rd, Hammond, LA 70401
The Administrative Assistant will handle all administrative / operational functions for their location, on their assigned shift. This position reports to the local RLC Manager or OSM. Duties include, but are not limited to: daily production data entry, processing Bills of Lading, invoicing, communicating with vendors, directing and controlling the flow of drivers, and communicating with customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to communicate expectations and goals daily to team in order to meet Relogistics performance standards
- Ability to communicate to customer any needs or concerns
- Must be able to coach, train, provide feedback, and if necessary, hold team members accountable
- Must be accountable for achieving Relogistics results while maintaining Relogistics Core Values and Safety Standards
- Ensure office and yard are clean and organized
- Ability to hold meetings to include but not limited to safety and production
- Ability to complete all production paperwork with accuracy
- Communicates directly with On Site / Plant Manager regarding employee issues
- Ensuring that all employees are working safe and abide by all safety policies
- Ensuring that all daily equipment checks on all Industrial power equipment are being performed
- Examining products to verify conformance to quality standards. Must maintain a clean & safe environment working environment that meets Relogistics standards
- Answers the main phone, routing callers based on their needs and greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate area or person.
- Date-stamps, reviews, and routes incoming mail
- Composes and types routine correspondence
- Prepares, sends, picks up, and distributes all incoming and outgoing mail
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records. Maintains employee personnel files
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials
- Orders and maintains supplies and arranges for office equipment maintenance
- Assists employees with general administrative questions regarding employment, pay, benefits, etc.
- Performs data entry of facility business activity
- May perform basic financial data entry
- Assists in coordinating incoming and outgoing loads
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High school degree or GED is required.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred
- Three or more years related administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Must be able to speak, read, and write in English fluently. Spanish fluency is a plus in many locations. Excellent oral and written communication skills needed. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business publications, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural instruction manuals. Ability to respond to questions from warehouse personnel, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Willingness to work through employee relations issues.
Other Skills and Abilities
Proficient in use of MS Office products (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) required. Expected to be comfortable with technology, generally. Desire and ability to provide excellent customer service to all levels of the organization as well as to visitors and customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is dependent on location- ear protection is mandated in several locations, and all employees in those locations are required to wear it when in the production areas
- Eye protection must be worn while in the production areas of all locations
- Appropriate work clothing is required including long pants and safety shoes
Relogistics ServicesHammond, LA
BusinessView All Relogistics Services Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.