We are seeking an RN Care Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients.
You will be following a panel of Adult and Geriatric members to provide, nursing clinical support, including transitional care, health maintenance, medication reconciliation, chronic disease management and co-occurring psychiatric disorders. This position will require you to work daily within our custom-built care facilitation platform, which will enable you to collect data, organize information, track tasks, and communicate with staff, members, and family. This platform is being built for a mobile workforce, and you will use our technology in the field, provide feedback to the product development team, and, over time, become part of a super-user group to assist in on-boarding and supporting others.
**This job is located in Winston Salem, NC**
Required Skills and Experience:
- Have a current, unrestricted North Carolina nursing license
- Have 3+ years of experience providing clinical services to Adult and Geriatric individuals with co-occurring chronic medical and behavioral health conditions
- Willing to work a full-time 40 hour work week, Monday-Friday with Saturday Rotation
- Familiarity and willing to travel within Piedmont Triad (home-based member visits) and its healthcare systems (hospitals and rehab centers)
- Experience as an active participant in continuous quality improvement projects within a provider setting
- Possess exceptional triage, coordination and clinical assessment skills
- Phenomenal communicator; you approach care interactions with warmth and thoughtfulness
- Demonstrated the ability to affect change, and have been effective in helping a member or patient adapt new habits, or change behaviors
Nice to have Skills and Experience:
- Experience working collaboratively with an interdisciplinary care team, and specifically working alongside community health workers or care coordination staff.
- Experience in homecare, hospice, acute care, and/or care management.
- Multi-lingual (Spanish, French Creole) preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Unrestricted North Carolina Driver’s License and vehicle for daily usage
- Care Management Certification (CCM)
What Else You Need to Know:
- Continuous outreach to support building and maintaining member panels for team
- Meet with members in their homes, neighborhoods, and within the healthcare system
- Assess in-home safety and risks and implement evidence-based interventions and protocols for complex chronic conditions
Responsibilities may include:
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, or disabled patients
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members