Civil Rights Term-Time Paralegal 2023 - 2025
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
About the Firm
Relman Colfax PLLC is a national civil rights law firm, with a litigation practice focused on combating discrimination and obtaining equity, including in the areas of housing, lending, employment, public accommodations, education, and police accountability. Our practice includes individual and class action lawsuits on behalf of plaintiffs who have experienced discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, national origin, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), disability, age, familial status, and source of income.
The firm also provides legal counsel to progressive financial institutions, Internet-based companies, housing providers, local governments, and nonprofits wishing to be industry leaders on civil rights compliance. We conduct internal investigations and provide counseling regarding consumer protection, privacy, lending, employment, whistleblower, and federal regulatory matters. Our practice also includes analysis and strategy regarding public policy issues and proposed legislation affecting civil rights.
Relman Colfax PLLC offers unique opportunities for talented individuals who share our passion for social justice and litigation, enjoy an informal and collegial office environment, and bring to their work a commitment to excellence.
Relman Colfax PLLC is currently hiring candidates to begin a two-year civil rights paralegal position in June 2023. Term-time paralegals support the attorneys in both the civil rights litigation and counseling practice groups at Relman Colfax. This is an entry-level job, and we are seeking candidates with a dedication to civil rights and learning more about the litigation process. This position is compensated at $50,000 for the first term year, $55,000 at the beginning of the second term year and $60,000 the last six months of the second term year. This is a full-time non-exempt position that receives overtime pay when overtime is necessary. We are now accepting and reviewing applications and will interview and hire on a rolling basis through March 2023.
- Assist in conducting factual investigations, research, and discovery
- Communicate with clients, potential clients, witnesses, and relevant parties
- Perform document and file management for case teams
- Perform administrative tasks (note-taking, calendaring, scanning, mailings, etc.)
- Support review of client and case documents
- Support attorneys in preparation, finalization, and filing of legal briefs, client presentations, and trial
- Participate in analysis of statistical data to assess disparate racial impact
- Attend strategy sessions, client meetings, depositions, hearing, and trials on an as-needed basis; and
- Perform other support tasks as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a team environment
- The ability to communicate with Spanish-speaking clients is a priority for the firm, and so we value Spanish-language skills as well, but they are not required
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, transcript, list of three references, writing sample, and a personal statement of no more than 500 words. Diverse perspectives and backgrounds are integral to the firm’s mission and operations; please use the personal statement to tell us how your personal experiences and background have shaped your interest in civil rights. In your cover letter, please tell us how you learned about the position.
*Relman Colfax is an equal opportunity employer that maintains a supportive, equitable environment. We encourage applications from all individuals without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, familial status, family responsibilities, age, personal appearance, matriculation, disability, medical condition, genetic information, political affiliation, military or veteran status, or record of arrest or conviction. Relman Colfax also provides reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. Any applicant who needs an accommodation in the application process should contact: email@example.com. We encourage applications from people who identify with historically underserved or underrepresented communities.
Powered by JazzHR
Relman Colfax PLLC
Get fresh Civil Rights Paralegal jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.