Reliant Medical Group is seeking a Patient Service Specialist (Medical Receptionist) to join our exciting and innovative organization!
Position: Part time 12 hours per week
Hours: Tuesday through Friday 3:00pm-6:00pm
No Weekends, No Holidays
This person would coordinate the provision of multiple services to patients performing a full range of administrative support services for clinic/site including collection of co-payments, registration and scheduling of patients for medical procedures, tests, associated ancillary services and other related duties. Our Patient Service Specialists ensure the highest level of patient/customer satisfaction.
- Verifies, re-verifies and authorizes patient insurance coverage and eligibility utilizing computer-based patient registration/scheduling system. Verifies and updates demographic, insurance, and other patient information. Confirms, collects, and posts patient co-payments and other outstanding balances.
- Generates and tracks patient encounter forms. Reviews patient encounter forms for completeness and resolves any discrepancies. Batches encounter forms and submit to appropriate billing area.
- Maintains records and makes daily cash deposit as assigned.
- Receives and addresses patient-care related telephone calls. Provides routine information on procedures and standard policies, refers matters to appropriate person within department/site.
- Identifies problem related priorities, and responds to emergency needs by contacting/interrupting physician/provider within guidelines.
- Resolves patients’ questions regarding clinic schedules and billing concerns; handles requests for prescription refills, reschedules appointments, etc.
- Documents appropriate information in computer system. Prepares patient charts. Ensures completeness by locating test results, reminding patients of appointments, including appropriate forms, etc., for patient appointments.
- Updates and maintains Telephone Message System (TMS) in computer system. Follows through on requests. Distributes messages to appropriate provider or others for appropriate action.
- Enters new referrals or ensures that existing referral numbers are linked in the system to ensure managed care requirements.
- Provides patient education regarding managed care plans and referral process. Answers patients’ referral questions, concerns, etc. Provides patient with available options.
- Works collaboratively with primary care practices, patients and specialty practices to process outgoing referrals prior to scheduled visits. Follows up with practices that do not issue a referral or obtain referral on a timely basis.
- Interfaces with staff, providers and patients regarding denied referrals. Documents information and assists with alternate plan of care, if needed.
- Completes and maintains patient schedules. Schedules and coordinates patient visits, medical procedures for both inpatients and outpatients. Communicates with patients regarding all information related to scheduled appointments.
- Notifies providers, patients and others of changes such as new scheduling, re-scheduling, no-show, emergency appointments and add-ons.
- Maintains recall lists and communicates with patients as appropriate.
- May inform nursing staff or others of laboratory and diagnostic study results; collects and mails test results.
- May escort patient to examination rooms and chaperones patients as required.
- May process standard and non-standard business office administrative paperwork, such as purchase requisitions, employee time sheets, expense vouchers, etc. Follows-up with personnel outside the medical office to expedite timely action and alleviate, or report delays as appropriate.
- Provides guidance to departmental personnel in medical office on administrative policies and procedures.
- Complies with health and safety requirements and with regulatory agencies such as DPH, etc.
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Enhances professional growth and development through educational programs, seminars, etc.
- Attends a variety of meetings, conferences, and seminars as required or directed.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance is required.
- Performs other similar and related duties as required or directed.
- High School diploma required
- Additional specialized medical secretarial/medical office training preferred
- Superior customer service skills including the ability to multi-task and resolve patient concerns in a timely manner
- Ability to think critically and exercise sound judgment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Familiarity with various software applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.