Reliant Urgent Care is seeking a Medical Assistant With X-Ray License to become a part of our team!
SUMMARY: The X-Ray tech is responsible for retrieving clear imaging results, which requires the use of
proper equipment, positioning and communicating with patients keeping them calm and informed
throughout the x-ray procedure. You must comply with the safety regulations involving the use of
radiation to protect oneself, patients and other staff members from overexposure to radiation.
PURPOSE: Obtain x-ray images of the patients through the process of radiographic imaging. The
processing of the x-ray images is done according to the instructions given by the provider and specific to
the body part which are to be focused upon. The technician is responsible for using their knowledge to
read the provider’s orders, adjust the equipment, prepare and adjust the patient to get the best picture.
LOCATION: Huntington Park and Montebello. Must be willing to float to secondary site occasionally.
HOURS: Afternoon/Evening shift; Weekends expected.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintain compliance with HIPAA and other organization and government regulations applicable
to the Patient care setting
• Provide excellent customer service at all times by effectively meeting patient’s needs,
understanding who the patients are and building quality relationships.
• Keep equipment in good working order
• Conserving compliance with the governmental protocols and ensuring the safety of patients and
employees by using protective instruments and exercising safety measures
• Stabilizing the patients and ensuring preparedness by educating them about the entire
procedure, appropriately positioning them on the examining table and covering them with
• Making copies of the x-rays and keeping a precise record of the patients who have undergone
the imaging procedure
• Refer to Providers notes as to why the exam is being performed
• Take medical history
• Have patient undress and remove any jewelry while explaining the purpose of this
• Adjust controls on the x-ray machine to produce radiographs of the appropriate density, detail,
contrast and collimation of the body part
• Women sign consent they are not pregnant. If possibility, HCG is performed
• Retrieve radiology reports on completed x-ray images and give to the provider for review
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS
• Maintain a clean working environment. This includes your personal workspace and the facility
(e.g. Nurses station, patient rooms, restrooms, waiting rooms, break rooms)
• When no x-rays, assist with patient care
• Complete pending radiology orders in Agility
• Calibrate machines- PFT, Audiogram, BAT
• Check and sign off Temperature Log
• X-ray Tech/MA- Daily Task List:
- X-rays are done per providers orders
- X-ray room is clean and supplies are stocked
- All cords are in correct places
- Licenses are up to date
- X-ray reports are logged in
- X-ray reports are printed and signed off by the provider
EDUCATION, LICENSURE AND/OR CERTIFICATIONS
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Limited X-ray Technician License including digital
• Back office experience preferred
• Medical Assistant Certification
• BLS/ CPR Card
• UDS and BAT DOT certification preferred
• Previous experience working directly with the patients in a hospital, clinic, physician office or
other medical facility preferred.
• Digital X-ray Experience
• Knowledge of x-ray procedures and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
EQUIPMENT KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
• Computer, office equipment (photocopier, scanner, fax, etc.), multiline phone system.
• Proper use of an EKG Machine, WBC Machine, HemoCue – Hemoglobin, and Glucose Machine
• Pulmonary Function Test
• Audiogram and Titmus
• Mask Fit Test, Qualitative
• Digital X-ray