Vice President of Sales & Marketing, Polymer Compounds
Our client is a manufacturer of polymer compounds used in molding and extruding consumer products.
Why is this a TRULY OUTSTANDING OPPORTUNITY?
- INCREDIBLE TEAM: both in your business unit and across the core team you will be working with. They truly believe in treating each other with respect, and they expect a lot of collaboration.
- MANAGEMENT PHILOSOPHY of respect and professionalism. Overall guiding principles of “doing what is right”, reduce, reuse, recycle, and safety of paramount importance.
- EXECUTIVE EXPOSURE: You will be part of the President’s executive team.
- AUTHORITY TO IMPACT the organization. Your leadership will influence the direction, culture and growth of the organization.
- UNTAPPED POTENTIAL: Though established and profitable, there is a mountain of untapped potential out there. With your leadership, amazing growth is possible.
- LARGE RESPONSIBILITY: Hundreds of Millions in sales with some global responsibility.
- STRONG COMPENSATION PACKAGE: With compensation in the $250-$300K range.
- STRONG INCENTIVES: Very strong bonus, retirement contributions, and a 401K plan that is second to none!
- STRONG BENEFITS: Extremely strong health benefits package.
- AWESOME OFFICE
- Primary responsibility is to manage the P&L and all sales and marketing activities through all channels.
- Establishes Policies, Strategic Direction and overall structure (process/procedures) for the Sales team so that you increase sales, profitability, and market share.
- Establish pricing based on the market realities, maximizing profits, and negotiate major contracts.
- Mentor and grow the sales team, set goals and objectives and drive the plan to optimize sales and profits.
- Be an ambassador of the company to new accounts and at industry events/shows.
- Analyze trends in the marketplace, our competitors and the industry to create overall market strategies on which to base business decisions.
- Analyze sales performance by customer and product line to identify sales opportunities and ensure all products are profitable.
- Actively participates as a member of the executive management team and advises the team on sales aspects of the business.
Requirements of candidates:
- A 4-Year degree.
- A proven track record as a sales executive in polymer compounds sold to the molding and/or extrusion markets.
- Extremely strong management skills, with a team-based and involved style. We are looking for a mentor and coach, not someone who wields a heavy hammer.
- Proven experience establishing a “Sales Process” for businesses to drive sales growth.
- A strong motivator and a world-class closer.
- Proven success as a team builder, developing a high-performance sales group, and developing sales talent.
- Able to analyze and interpret financial statements, market & trend data, and effectively manage a P&L.
- Effective implementer of sales strategies, business plans, and marketing concepts.
- Displays a sense of urgency, able to discern priorities and make sound decisions.
- A track record of establishing accurate annual sales budgets and meeting or exceeding them.
NOTE: This is a nationwide search and may not be in the community in which it is advertised.