Senior Process Development Engineer
Injection Molded Plastics
Company located in the Northern California
Our client is a large international company developing instruments and equipment for the medical and scientific markets. They invest heavily in research and process development and offer an extensive lineup of highly reputable products. It is important for them to provide a working environment where employees have fun and enjoy themselves.
What does this opportunity offer you?
- The opportunity to collaborate in an environment rich in culture and resources.
- You will bring new products and manufacturing process developments, with involvement from concept thru development.
- You will be able to drive innovation, implement new technologies and develop best engineering practices.
- You will be part of a "hands-on" engineering team that is OUTSTANDING and passionate about pushing the boundaries of design and technology.
- This company is DYNAMIC. They are a market leader and are committed to both market leadership and innovation (product and technology).
· Plan and execute broad process development activities with a cross functional team.
· Present results during technical reviews.
· Complete DFM analysis of new product designs.
· Create process specifications and plans with molders, contract manufacturers and other suppliers.
· Lead the selection and specification of processing equipment and tooling required for product manufacturing.
· Create project capital, cost requirements and appropriations requests.
· Responsible for new process development plans and equipment optimization activities.
· Design process development plans by using DOE methods, risk assessment and plastic part/mold design practices.
· Responsible for FAT and IQ/OQ/PQ activities to ensure process and equipment verification and validation.
- BS in Mechanical, Chemical or Plastics Engineering or related engineering, or process development degree from an accredited university.
- 10 years of prior plastic injection molding experience.
- Possess a personality that easily engages others and adapts to change.
- Experience with GMP, ISO standards, LEAN and FDA regulations desired.
- Strong working knowledge of plastic tooling, resins and basic injection molding equipment.
- Strong knowledge of plastic part analysis tools, Design of Experiments and Scientific mold practices.
- Experience with: data analysis, technical reporting, R&D, metrology and regulatory structures.
- CAD experience required, SolidWorks preferred.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, 10%
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills.
View thousands of jobs on our website: www.plasticexecutives.com