R&D Engineer, Process Engineer focus – Injection Molding
- Direct hire with benefits, Visa Sponsor/Transfer not available -
- LOCATION: Northern Bay area, will discuss on the phone
- Pay: $95 - $115K base + performance bonus + some relocation assistance
- Appropriate Manufacturing Backgrounds: Injection molding, some interaction with R&D efforts
Step out of production and into R&D as a process engineer who adds processing and mold servicing knowledge to the new product development team! This is your chance to work with a high profitable multi-billion dollar company that offers fantastic benefits and room for professional growth. The company makes products for the medical device and pharmaceutical industry. That said, other molding engineering backgrounds from food packaging, automotive, etc. could work just fine in this role. This location is a mixture of R&D and production efforts. It would be a bonus if you had some R&D interaction in your career – developing processes in pilot scale / new product development endeavors.
THE JOB: Process Engineer, New Product Development Engineer
This position bridges the gap between R&D and production. This job is neither an on-the-production-floor engineering job (although that skill set is desired) nor a stuck-in-the-lab position. You will be integral in the company’s scaling up process of multiple lines. You will receive significant post-R&D support to achieve this. Roughly half of your work for the first 2 years will be design of experiment / design for manufacturing related. This is because this plant is handling the roll out of a few new products. The other half of your time will be on maximizing efficiency of current commercial lines. For the new product development side of your duties, IQ/OQ/PQ (or just OQ/PQ), design of experiment (aiding R&D) and design for manufacturing (resins, tooling, tolerances, etc.) will keep you busy as you assist R&D personnel develop plans that will later be successful on commercial lines. Another chunk of your time will involve process verifications and checking off different authorizations in regard to customer specifications.
- MUST HAVE injection molding (specifically) process engineering experience - 8+ years desired by hiring manager
- MUST HAVE completed 4 year engineering degree OR 2 year degree with 5 yrs experience
- Medical molding / pharmaceutical molding experience is a bonus.Automotive tight tolerance background will work, too.
- Preferred to know how to design experiments and aid R&D with design for manufacturing - not required.