Quality Engineer - Injection Molding
National search for a company located in the Central United States. Relocation available.
Our client needs a technically savvy Quality Engineer to serve as the company’s resident expert on product quality. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and well-funded organization committed to producing world class, tightly-engineered products. They are extremely focused on growing the “right way”, through engineering fantastic solutions, and not through “shoot and ship” or “me too” products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with customers’ quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturability of design. Make recommendations to modify customer part specifications and tolerances as necessary to support cost effective production.
- Provide engineering support to operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques.
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product lunches to meet customer requirements.
- Determine when process stability and capability studies should be performed on existing processes. Review and analyze results, preparing recommendations for process adjustments.
- Maintain Control Plans and FMEA's throughout the life of the part.
· Participate in the Advanced Product Quality Planning activities.
· Coordinate pre-launch production trial run process monitoring.
· Participate in the development of Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA).
· Lead PPM improvement plan for strategic customers.
· Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem-solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
· Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, Production, and Toolroom to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
· Responsible for training, direction, performance evaluations and other supervisory functions of the Internal Audit Team.
· Other assigned duties.
· Four-year technical degree preferred.
· 5-7 years’ experience with a Certified Quality Management System (TS and/or ISO).
· Strong technical aptitude.
· Experience with automotive and/or injection molding preferred.
· Project management experience.
· Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) preferred.
· Experience with GD&T.
View thousands of jobs on our website: www.plasticexecutives.com