North of Fargo, ND
A leading manufacturing company is seeking a production supervisor to represent their company. This person must have experience in manufacturing. This is a small to mid-sized manufacturing operation We are looking for a real go getter, someone who is determined to be successful. The real key to this position is someone with a strong leadership background as well as a strong mentoring skills. This position provides great growth potential and the opportunity to work in a VERY stable, exciting, and fast paced environment. Great work environment and great team with lots of opportunity for growth!
· Supervisors manage all facets of your shift, including ensuring appropriate staffing levels, HR issues, and production schedules are met; ensuring that safety is of paramount importance.
· Production Supervisors mentor and Train your team on the company’s world class standards of quality and delivery.
· Ensure that the right people are in the right places at the right times, that they are trained, and mentored to develop to be their personal best.
· Supervisors monitor the performance of all members of your team and give appropriate counseling and feedback, including annual reviews.
· Participate in Continuous Improvement, 5-S and Quality initiatives. Be closely involved in implementation and training related to continuous improvement.
· Monitors all quality documentation ensuring all is in compliance.
· Responsible for timely completion of performance evaluations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· 3+ years of manufacturing experience.
· Strong supervision, management, and leadership skills and great communication skills, and desire to be in a team atmosphere.
· Experience with Continuous Improvement initiatives, such as Kaizen, 5-S and Lean Manufacturing. MUST be capable of training and implementing lean initiatives.
· The safety of everyone in the plant must be of paramount importance to you.
· Strong computer skills are required. A good understanding of MS Excel, MS Word.
· Degree preferred but must have at least a high school diploma.