PROCESS ENGINEER – Plastics/Polymers
A local, Wichita-area company is seeking an experienced Process Engineer to drive Continuous Improvement initiatives within the plant. This is truly an exceptional company who treats their employees very well and believes in an appropriate work/life balance. This is a non-automotive company that continues to be incredibly successful because of their commitment to how they treat their people, invest in product development, and deliver fantastic customer service. You will be a key player in collecting and analyzing data on the plant floor and using that data to propose, and ultimately implement structural changes within the plant.
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- The Primary responsibility is implementation of Continuous Improvement projects on time and within budget.
- Optimizing the manufacturing process from implementation to the plant floor to product commercialization (and then continual improvement).
- Implementing standardized work through creation of Standard Operating Procedures along with Statistical Process Control for new and existing products.
- Manage capital and tooling projects through implementation.
- Responsible to thoroughly document process requirements and parameters to assure equipment and work cell team have the tools needed to make a repeatable process.
- Complete time studies to set up new projects most efficiently and identify opportunities for efficiency improvements on existing products.
- Coordinate continuous improvement and production process refinement efforts.
- Coordinate all applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet product specifications as well as comply with applicable local and governmental regulations.
- BS Industrial Engineering, BSME, BS Plastics Engineering, or similar.
- 5 years of functional and HANDS-ON process engineering experience within polymer extrusion processes such as sheet, cast film, profile, pipe, decking, fence, rail, etc
- Very Process-oriented individual with strong experience in process standardization, creating Work Instructions, SOP’s, and implementing SPC.
- Experience testing polymer materials to ensure they meet specifications.
- Extremely strong Project Management skills.
- 2 years’ experience with Continuous Improvement tools such as lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 6 Sigma.
- CAD skills to create plant layouts, fixtures, etc.