Hour east of Philadelphia
$ 80-130 K + bonus potential (very dependent upon experience).
-Located less than a mile away from the ocean
-Company has been around over 50 years and has very low turnover.
-Currently experiencing MASSIVE growth in terms of revenue and plant expansions.
-Very low turnover
-TONS of room for advancement
SUMMARY: Our client is a leader in plastic manufacturing. They are known for having very low turnover and treating their employees very well while offering career growth potential. Experience with plastics is absolutely MANDATORY. They are currently seeking a skilled and well-rounded process engineer. This is an overall excellent opportunity with a great company.
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
· The primary responsibility is cost and process improvement, from raw materials incoming into the plant, through manufacturing, and out to the customers. This could include trials on new raw materials, changes in tooling, changes in equipment, changing plant layouts, investigating new technologies for processing, and so forth.
· Create Standard Operating Procedures so that machine operators can be successful in their jobs and so that the work is standardized. .
· Utilize DOE’s and SPC to “center” processes.
· Close involvement with new product launches/new product development and product enhancements. Work closely with all involved to get approvals if agency approvals are needed.
· Participate in projects critical for the continuous improvement of production related actitives.
· MUST have plastics experience (blow molding).
· Engineering degree strongly preferred but not mandatory.
· 4 years of hands-on plant-based heavy continuous manufacturing experience (automotive, stamping, plastics, roofing, building products, etc.) in the role of Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer, or Continuous Improvement Engineer.
· Extremely strong knowledge of formal continuous improvement programs and the ability to implement CI theory such as 6-Sigma and Lean (TPS).
· Very Process-oriented individual with strong experience in documentation, process standardization, creating Work Instructions, SOP’s, DOE’s, and GD&T, etc.
· Experience with DOE’s and SPC would be a big plus.
· Other helpful knowledge and skills would include 5-S, Fishbone Diagrams, Process/Value-stream mapping, TPM.