NPD Process Development/Process Engineer
SUMMARY: Our client is a leader in plastics manufacturing. They are known for having very low turnover and treating their employees very well while offering career growth potential. They are currently seeking a skilled and well-rounded NPD process engineer. This position is heavily focused on new product development, process improvements, and R&D. Must also have strong project management experience. Tons of stability and opportunity for growth.
Will assist with relocation!
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
· Provide support for NPD projects and provide support for all plastics machinery, including tool qualifications. Participate in new product designs, product qualifications, and developing of engineering standards.
· The primary responsibility is cost and process improvement, from raw materials incoming into the plant, through manufacturing, and out to the customers. This could include trials on new raw materials, changes in tooling, changes in equipment, changing plant layouts, investigating new technologies for processing, and so forth.
· Create Standard Operating Procedures so that machine operators can be successful in their jobs and so that the work is standardized. .
· Utilize DOE’s and SPC to “center” processes.
· Responsible for R&D support, including trials and materials sampling.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred or 15+ years of plastics processing experience.
· 5+ years of technical plastics experience
· 5+ years of experience with industrial manufacturing operations.
· 2+ years of continuous improvement background and training (Kaizen, Lean, SMED, TPM, etc.).Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Industrial Engineer, or Continuous Improvement Engineer.
· Extremely strong knowledge of formal continuous improvement programs and the ability to implement CI theory such as 6-Sigma and Lean (TPS).
· Very Process-oriented individual with strong experience in documentation, process standardization, creating Work Instructions, SOP’s, etc.