Plant Manager Films
SUMMARY: A major films company is expanding and has opened a films manufacturing operation in the Southeast US. They seek a films expert who can take this operation to the next level and manage the growth into multiple facilities in the not-too-distant future.
COMPENSATION: $130-$160K total compensation plus relocation assistance and benefits.
- You will be responsible for all plant operations.
- Budgeting for your plant’s financials, and running the plant “to the budget”.
- The Plant Manager ensures that all supervisors are appropriately trained and that the supervisors appropriately train line workers.
- Manage the housekeeping such that the plant is immaculately clean, safe, and well-maintained.
- Manage & participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensure safety is paramount in importance, and establish safety committee.
- The Plant Manager must have a minimum of 5 years of management experience in the manufacturing of films, with a preference for adjustable lip (coat hanger) die film experience.
- The Plant Manager must have excellent people skills, a "leader's" personality, and the ability to have a team rally behind them to meet the output and growth goals of the company. We are looking for TEAM BASED leaders, not “top down” dictators.
- The Plant Manager must have a “take-charge” personality who can efficiently and effectively identify and solve problems and manage the growth and opportunity this company is experiencing.
- The Plant Manager must have excellent problem-solving skills and excellent communication skills to interact with R&D, Engineering, Maintenance, Upper Management with respect to challenges or opportunities.
- Must believe in 5-S and maintaining equipment in the “as-new” condition. The expectations are for a showcase operation with impeccable housekeeping and maintenance.
- Experience with continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, & 6-Sigma
- Strong knowledge of LOTO and other safety requirements, and a strong belief in enforcing safety procedures as paramount in importance in the plant..
CONFIDENTIALITY: Please know that we hold your information in the strictest of confidence and will not share your information without your express consent.
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- This is a nationwide search, and as such, Relocation Assistance will be provided and the actual plant location may be outside of the locale where the advertisement is posted.