Direct path to VP of Operations role
Our client is a fast-paced manufacturer of transparent barrier films based in the southeastern United States. Their products find their way into many industries and are considered some of the industry’s finest. As the General Manager, you will be responsible to ensure an open, positive work environment that promotes team success. Your primary responsibilities will include safety, quality, productivity and process improvement. You will be the change agent in this fast paced, 24/7, ever evolving and challenging environment.
Relocation assistance will be provided, along with great benefits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support corporate mission and principles.
- Establish and perform to effective and efficient production standards, includes cost, waste, safety, quality and on-time delivery.
- Create a culture that promotes safety as a top priority.
- Contribute to strategic planning of the entire operation.
- Drive continuous improvement, and constantly evaluates productivity and the current staff to optimize production efficiency.
- Responsible for development, training and coaching of staff, sets individual and team goals for staff, and provides continuous feedback.
- Responsible for all operations in the plant on all shifts.
- Ensure setups and changeovers on slitters, embossers and extruders; and will be responsible for the production schedule for all shifts.
- Provide leadership and development guidance to Production team.
- Provide support to customers regarding product quality and complaints in a timely manner.
- Conduct timely annual reviews and evaluations of staff.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field or 5 years of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Experience with films and/or continuous roll-to-roll manufacturing is strongly preferred, a minimum of 4 years of experience with cast film, packaging converting, lamination, and slitting of films.
- 4 years minimum at a Supervisor or Production Manager Level.
- History of working in ISO environments.
- Technical skills in Continuous Improvements programs such as Kaizen, 5S, Six Sigma, etc.
- Experience with goal setting and strategic planning for 5-year time spans.
- Must have excellent communication skills and must take responsibility for their actions.
View thousands of jobs on our website: www.plasticexecutives.com