Engineering Manager, Extruded Polymer Products
A fantastic custom extrusion company in the Midwest/Great Lakes region. This position is open because of a pending retirement, for someone who has been there over 20 years. People who join the team tend to stay! Why? Because of a great management team, a great engineering team, great employees, a fantastic bonus and benefits package, and heaping dose of mutual respect throughout the organization.
The Engineering Manager will be a key player on a small executive team, reporting to the President. In this role, you will be responsible for all technical aspects of the business including product and tooling design, product enhancements and improvements (throughput, cost, physical properties, performance, etc.), equipment specification, and possibly the tool shop. This is a great opportunity to join a growing and well-funded organization committed to customer service. Our client will only consider people with an extruded products background.
Note: This job is being advertised nation-wide and may not be in the location where it’s advertised.
Responsibilities for the Engineering Manager
- Manage of all key engineering projects.
- New Product Development, product enhancement, material replacement/substitution.
- Manage tooling design, tooling redesign, tool build.
- Product Enhancements or Improvements in Materials/Colors/Finishes/Textures
- Improvement projects related to engineering (improved throughput or improved physical properties, decreased scrap).
- New or replacement tooling design and manufacturing (both internal and external) and managing the timeline for tooling construction, tuning, development, testing, and approvals.
- New Equipment specification and purchasing.
- The Engineering Manager will be responsible for managing the tool shop, its capabilities and staff.
Desired Qualifications for Engineering Manager
- We prefer that the Engineering Manager has BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree, but we will consider experience in lieu of degree.
- The Engineering Manager should have 10+ years of well-rounded experience in extruded products such as, window profiles, fence profiles custom profile extrusion or possibly rubber extrusion.
- Strong, well-rounded knowledge of extrusion design, tooling, processing, equipment, materials, and coatings.
- Will need to be able to do some design.
- Familiarity with machine shop operations, CNC equipment, and wire EDM
- Extremely strong project management skills, particularly as it relates to tooling and equipment procurement/manufacturing.