Performs software systems airworthiness evaluations for Army Aviation systems. Software engineering and/or systems engineering background is required. Selected candidate will perform as an individual or as a member of a SW Airworthiness team that will utilize is/her knowledge of the UH 60 and develop skills in the growing field of Software Airworthiness support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* As team member, provide software technical expertise, participate in systems reviews, and provide software airworthiness assessments to the Aviation Engineering Directorate (AED)
* Provide technical support via review and evaluation of prime contractor and government aviation system and component technical reports, safety assessments, airworthiness documentation, hazard analyses, safety risk assessments, Safety Assessment Reports, technical and operator’s manuals, technical specifications, and changes/deviation/waivers
* Participate in Integrated Product Teams, process reviews, safety reviews, requirements reviews, design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews, test report reviews, and problem report reviews
* Participate in government and/or developer informational meetings and special committees; witness testing at any level to assist in the airworthiness assessment process; make recommendations regarding the fitness of software and software documentation status with respect to airworthiness
* Preview software requirements, design, and verification tests and analyses documentation and/or models for compliance with software safety qualification standards and requirements
* Review software source code and code generation processes and models and build procedures for compliance with software safety qualification standards and requirements
* Participate in IPTs, software design reviews, code reviews, test plan reviews, test report reviews, and problem report reviews
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering.
* 5-8 years software engineering experience required.
* Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD secret security clearance.
* Working knowledge of current operating systems and programming languages: C, C++, C#, Ada.
* Software development or V&V analysis experience with a critical system similar to safety critical system.
* Active DoD secret clearance.
* Applicable software design engineering experience.
* Software development/lifecycle IEEE 1207, MIL-STD-498, etc.