Position: Administration (Shipping/Receiving Clerk)
Location: Whitestown, Indiana
"The Novo culture has the utmost respect for our team members, families, and local community. As a member of Novo, we warmly welcome you and your family to the Novo team. We empower our team members to advocate for our cultural values of respect, safety, transparency, and continuous improvement. Our team is proud to work for Novo, and were proud to work with them. Join us in making a difference for our partners."
With operations in states across the country, partnerships with industry leading corporations, and continued expansion in our future, there are many opportunities for personal growth and development when you choose to explore a career with us. Join our team and grow with us! We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Shipping/Receiving Clerk is responsible for supporting inventory control activities within a fast-paced distribution center in Whitestown, Indiana, by recording and maintaining all inventory transactions and ensuring compliance with established internal control procedures. To perform this job successfully, one must be familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures, as well as standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a distribution center environment. This position relies on hands-on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals. The qualified candidate is required to perform a variety of tasks under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. We offer competitive compensation and opportunities for growth.
- Prepare inbound / outbound documentation, Bill of Ladings (BOLs) for all Will-Call orders.
- Validate inbound data in warehouse management system (WMS) to ensure accurate receipt and update of the inventory data.
- Maintain distribution center outbound notification system with the respective shipments.
- Process and maintain records for all ship-confirmations.
- Process all inventory transactions pertaining to item movement in the distribution center.
- Maintain and update inventory database and generate inventory reports.
- Maintain the inventory aging process by ensuring inventory reflects correct date codes and for report generations and submission to management.
- Assist in daily cycle count process, reconcile discrepancies, record daily inventory transfers.
- Process cycle counts and compile data to create performance reports (KPI).
- Maintain locations control in the system to ensure locations are properly assigned to the respective zones.
- Assist with the Federal Express process by retrieving and saving order files.
- Maintain filing processes and provide adequate archive process.
- Perform all other administrative and/or distribution center related duties, as assigned.
- Two (2) to five (5) years experience with inventory control in the distribution center/warehouse environment, or related field.
- Strong knowledge of warehouse work instructions, safety, and housekeeping procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to lift, move, and transport up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 300 pounds.
- Ability to stand, bend, and stoop for extended periods or for duration of shift (8 hour shifts).
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals of varied backgrounds and levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a professional and positive attitude towards Team Members and customers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and/or under stressful situations.
- Ability to proactively problem solve.
- Have reliable transportation.
- Be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Be at least 18 years old at time of application.
- Be willing to submit to a background check and urinalysis drug screen (drug screen scheduled following interview).
- Experience with warehouse management system (WMS) and/or RF/RFID, preferred (but not required).
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent, preferred.
- Full-Time, Non-Exempt
- Hourly (paid weekly via Direct Deposit).
- Overtime opportunities (overtime pay is equal to 1.5 times the Team Member's regular hourly rate of pay, for any hours worked over 40 in a workweek).
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Company sponsored premiums for Medical Insurance, with nominal Team Member contribution.
- Dental/Vision Insurance, Life Insurance policy, and other options.
- Company match option.
Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Paid Time Off hours in accordance with Company Policy.
- 2 - 5 years: Inventory control in the distribution center/warehouse environment, or related field.
- High School or better in General Studies or related field
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
- Work-Life Balance: Inspired to perform well by having ample time to pursue work and interests outside of work
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Peer Recognition: Inspired to perform well by the praise of coworkers
- Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
- Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
- Growth Opportunities: Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Reliable Management Solutions