- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We have partnered with a manufacturer of controls systems company in the Carrollton, TX area to provide them with a Software Engineer. Please review the below description and let us know if you are interested.
Responsibilities of the Software Engineer:
This individual will work in a development team as well as V&V environment, so a positive attitude and teamwork spirit is an essential. This position requires an individual with experience in verification and validation for real time embedded systems and familiarity with developing control system software and hardware.
- Collaborate with a multi-discipline team to define the requirements interfaces between system application, hardware components, microcontrollers and software, and the operational performance requirements of the integrated system.
- Understand and perform verification evaluations and analysis of safety system requirements, design, implementation and testing.
- Develop the high-level architecture through functional analysis and allocation of requirements, concept development and selection.
- Review schematics, bills of materials and documentations including dimensions, part numbers, wiring and assembly diagrams, logic drawings and graphics.
- Check documentation from draft/pcb layout to ensure accuracy and completeness in compliance with all relevant codes, standards, and specifications.
- Perform all aspects of system testing including, development of test plans, test design, develop test cases, write test procedures and be able to execute system test.
- Work closely with the application engineers and software development team to select the development and testing methodology and tools that meet the system and software requirements and comply with the enterprise and industry level processes and standards.
- Work closely with the application engineers and software research & development team to develop system, software, hardware test plans. Use SiL, MiL and HiL methods and tools as applicable for system validation and integration testing.
- Develop, deploy, and continually improve development processes and architectures, based on applicable standards and methodologies.
- Guidance and tracking of development through the V&V lifecycle. Preparation of reports for each V&V lifecycle task describing the V&V task performed and the conclusions of the task and create the overall summary report summarizing all V&V tasks completed including tasks that were performed by others.
- Participate in technical reviews of the system / software / hardware to support development process and ensure technical integrity of system / software / hardware deliverables.
- Participate in end-product development activities by contributing ideas, concerns, risk analysis and mitigation as required.
- Participates in end-product design reviews associated with each product development phase including system level reviews and FMEA's.
- Participate in end-product team meetings to communicate system / software / hardware development status.
Requirements of the Software Engineer:
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering (Electrical, Computer Science, or related Engineering subjects)
- Experience in system / software / hardware development process lifecycles and tools, including requirements management and configuration management tools.
- Experience with analytical engineering hardware/software tools including logic analyzer, microprocessor emulators.
- Experience with full life cycle development of embedded software and programming in Verilog/SystemVerilog is plus.
- Experience with C/C++, QNX, FPGA and Assembly language experience is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of Industry standards (IEEE, EPRI, NQA) and how they apply to specific V&V activity.
- Ability to demonstrate proficiency using system / software / hardware development tools and to architect system / software / hardware solutions
- Understand and debug low level hardware/software integration and define system, software and hardware performance requirements for specific system solutions.
- Ability to apply knowledge, skills, and analytical methods to ensure system reliability and optimized performance
- Maintain an excellent work ethic and is proficient in both written and verbal communications
Benefits of the Software Engineer:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short / Long Term Disability
- 401 (k) Plan
About Relevante, Inc. the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contract staffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/relevante.
TechnologyView all jobs at Relevante
Get fresh Manufacturing Controls Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!