- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Salary: $ 70,000.00
We have partnered with a K-12 educational facility in the Fort Lauderdale, FL area to provide them with a Staff Accountant. Please review the below description and let us know if you are interested.
Prioritized Must Have Skills for the Staff Accountant:
#1. Experience with bank reconciliation and journal entries.
#2. Experience with Accounts Receivable Cash Receipts Accounts Payable Cash Disbursements Payroll Maintains records of all financial documents.
#3. Knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law
#4. No more than 3 jobs in the past 10 years.
Responsibilities of the Staff Accountant:
- Prepares monthly and quarterly financial statements for multiple entities, which includes the following:
- Performs bank reconciliations
- Prepares and posts required journal entries
- Reviews & reconciles all balance sheet accounts
- Prepares summary of significant events and budget variances
- Prepares supporting documentation for financial statements including balance sheet schedules and other reconciliations.
- Works closely with independent auditors during annual financial statement audit with preparing schedules and invoices, providing explanations of supporting materials and procedures, and preparing any other necessary data.
- Posts accounts to the General Ledger including but not limited to the following:
- Accounts Receivable
- Cash Receipts
- Accounts Payable
- Cash Disbursements
- Maintains records of all financial documents with appropriate supporting material; update records as necessary.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, schools, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Provides support such as schedules, data, information, for the annual budget process.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements of the Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 years of experience in general accounting with demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficiency in accounting software as well as Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of company and departmental policies and demonstrates knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone
Other Key Requirements for the Staff Accountant:
- 100% in office
- No sponsorships or visa holders. No Corp-to-Corp.
Benefits of the Staff Accountant:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Profit Share Plan
About Relevante, Inc. the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contract staffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/relevante
AddressFort Lauderdale, FL
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Relevante
Get fresh International Staff Accountant jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.