- Posted: over a month ago
Salary: $ 70,000.00
We have partnered with a large food manufacturing company in the Vernon, CA area to provide them with a Food Technologist.
Please review the below description and let us know if you are interested.
Responsibilities of the Food Technologist:
- Responsible for submitting labels to the USDA and keeping USDA approvals on file.
- Review and revise product labels to comply with USDA/FDA regulations.
- Create and update in-house Product Specification Sheets as well as Product Specification sheets for customers.
- Keeps Suppliers Product specification sheets, Letter of Guarantees, and COAs on file for claim substantiation and records.
- On occasions creates nutritional facts panels using USDA nutrient database.
- Keep records of product information.
- Create formulation sheets for production.
- Works cross functionally with operations, QC, marketing and sales for compliance on label and packaging content as well as new product launches.
- Work with chefs, culinary consultants, and agencies in taking recipes from concept to production.
- Maintain and follow industry regulations and/or customer requirements.
- Develop specifications for all raw materials, process controls, and finished goods.
- Independently review changes in products, product specifications, and manufacturing processes to access regulatory implications of the change.
- Representing Regulatory Affairs in project team to develop product registration strategies
- Analyzing changing regulatory requirements and their impact on the organization.
- Coordinating, reviewing and editing of regulatory documents to ensure that products are legally compliant.
- Ensuring that the internal regulatory department database for new products is kept updated with back up information for all formulations to ensure that all necessary paper work is available for labeling, and registration.
- Successfully led organization through several annual external regulatory examination and audits covering compliances of BRC, FSIS, USDA, Organic and FDA standards
- Developed, implemented and managed risk assessments for suppliers, raw materials, ingredients and packaging, and manage the organization action plan to address risks.
- Managed regulatory approval process for marketing/advertising material and packaging to ensure accuracy of claims/labeling and compliance with regulations related to food, food safety, specifications, product usage, nutrition and health claims in the USA
Requirements of the Food Technologist:
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Food Science or other Applied Science--Masters Degree a plus
- 3+ years' experience in regulatory/labeling experience required preferably from a food manufacturer
- Solid knowledge of food regulations with emphasis on nutrition labeling and natural food ingredients
- Expert knowledge of requirements from the USDA and FDA in regards to labeling of products
- Experience with managing audits from outside organizations
- Proficient in food processing, quality assurance, product preparation and regulatory requirements for food under the guidance of the USDA regulations
- Great communication skills
- Attention to detail and high organizational skills
Benefits of the Food Technologist:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Retirement Plans
About Relevante, Inc. the Recruiting Firm Representing the Client for this Job
Relevante is an accounting & technology direct hire recruiting and contract staffing firm. We help our Clients identify and recruit the best talent in the market and help our candidates win engaging and enriching jobs. Our Clients are some of the best companies to work for among F1000 and emerging fast growth companies in the region. Relevante has been consistently ranked as a fast growth company and one of the largest recruiting, accounting, and management consulting firms in the Philadelphia region. To stay connected with our network, please follow us on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/relevante
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Relevante