Ensures timely and effective purchasing and planning, to meet customer delivery dates, service requirements and inventory goals. Responsible for executing toa MRP plan, analyzing requirements, and mitigating material shortage impacts. Drives daily production efficiencies by releasing purchase orders based on MRP requirements. Assists with expediting material needed to support operations. Coordinates and/or monitors the receipt of materials. Issues purchase orders for material and/or services and ensures on time delivery from suppliers with acceptable quality. Analyzes and executes MRP planned supply messages to maximize the use of reclaimed material supply while minimizing new material expenditures for these components. Aligns with AP to resolve supplier invoice and payment issues. Coordinates with warehouse personnel to correct receiving discrepancies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, issues and controls purchase orders and coordinates material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
• Communicates and/or assists in negotiating with suppliers regarding forecasts, engineering change notices, schedule changes, discrepant material issues, and delivery schedules.
• Attains quotes, considers bids, and makes awards.
• Monitors the supply base performance to assure excellence and quality of the product and product
• Monitors raw material inventory for financial tracking purposes and in support of company goals.
• Resolves a range of issues in practical ways and assists in making recommendations for policy/process action in order to monitor and expedite open orders, report on supply base performance, react to change orders, and plan and review the impact to the material availability.
• Reviews MRP planned requirements and implements supply plan for all reclaimed material components.
• Maintains Oracle AS Land Sourcing Rules as it relates to reclaimed material supply requirements.
• Assists in recommending forecast adjustments based on actual performance.
• Assists with cycle count reconciliation.
• Coordinates purchase orders to satisfy the manufacturing demand when reclaim supply is not sufficient to meet material requirements.
• Maintains metrics to measure supplier performance, i.e., on time delivery, cost reduction, cost avoidance etc.
• Collaborates with manager on various projects such as cost target planning, supplier qualification and
assessment out sourcing sub-assemblies, inventory model planning, and resulting execution to plan.
• Keeps in mind cost reductions and cost targets of assigned materials.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
• Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
• Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic mail systems.
• Knowledge of the technical features of MRP, purchased products, and components.
• Knowledge and understanding of theories of MRP, JIT, Kanban, and Lean Manufacturing.
General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job. May need to consult with higher level staff members on some technical issues. Minimum of two (2} years of experience is required.
, • Requires a Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of two (2} years of experience or an equivalent combination of
Education and Experience
• APICS or NAPM certification a plus.
• Experience using Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Oracle.
• Experience using product configuration management software such as Agile is preferred.